Covered Bridges of New Hampshire 2009

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I'm ready to go back to New England now - we were just there in June but it is gorgeous in the fall. Hope the weather cooperates!

Had a great time at EOM in Johnson City, but the pics of New Hampshire are calling me . . . . Would a Pennsy boy be welcome on your ride? Won't be this year (leave for Las Vegas Friday for a week on business), but I'll be giving next year serious thought.

No, no, I'm sorry.

We would accept just about anyone else,

but people from Pennsylvania are most definitely on the blacklist. <_<

:p

Are you kidding me? Of course you'd be welcome. B)

Just keep an eye on this Northeast section as we schedule rides in New England several times throughout the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
You got that right Skip. I had a really nice ride on Monday. Perfect conditions.
(just watch out for them friggen forest rats!)
You just have to train the forest rats to stay in the yard like me.

Front yard feeding them the flowers

Back yard eating my downed trees for firewood.

Funny thing is they disappear come hunting season. Go figure?

I've been following this thread and I wish we could make it out there. :-(

Well, it is really looking like it may be pushed out a week due to weather.

Any chance you kids could come out to play then? Of course that is assuming we get one day out of 3 that is fair.

So Fred, are you calling it off for this weekend? I don't blame you if you do. I can't make it next week, but I'll get up there and ride with you guys eventually.

Not entirely sure I can make it the following weekend... daughter's birthday party. Hoping I can, though if the ride is Saturday and the party is Sunday.

I'm going to play hookie tomorrow, Friday the 2nd, and the weather looks reasonable until late afternoon. Anyone want to meet for a ride?

Next weekend looks better for us. We were planning to ride down to Keene tonight and then home on Sunday. The weather here is calling for rain starting this afternoon and into this evening and then showers Saturday and Sunday. I called the hotel and moved our reservations out a week. Hopefully the weather will cooperate next weekend.

Ed & Grace.

OK, I'm calling it based on the NOAA forcast:

Tonight: Showers likely, mainly after midnight. Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 47. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Saturday:
Showers before 9am, then showers and thunderstorms between 9am and 3pm, then showers after 3pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain.
Patchy fog before 9am. High near 65. Calm wind becoming east between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Saturday Night: Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 50. South wind between 3 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Let's push this back to next weekend, tentatively rescheduled for Saturday 10/10/09.

The extended forecast looks better next weekend, though that is no certainty that far out.

Sorry for those that won't be able to make the rescheduled date.

What a crappy weather year it's been... :angry:

Well, the sun just popped out at my place, hold on, one minute, there it goes....... back to normal. :(

I just gave Julie a really sweet camera as an early b-day present and it would be a real friggin' shame to not get one more get-together to put it to use. Sat. 10/10 is the only day I can do it next weekend, so it better work out.

Fred, the forecast here is pretty much identical to yours, but we get our t-storms tonight. I've learned if the words "heavy rain" show up at all, you're pretty much screwed. Funny, when I rode up to Hampton Beach for the Seafood Fest last month it said heavy rain. I was not disappointed with their forecasting skills that weekend.

PS- her b-day is 10/11.

Yup, work day = sun; weekend day = rain.

It was 37° when I left for work. There was a beautiful sunrise and the beginnings of fall color. Ahhh, payback for the other atrocities mother nature inflicts on us during the winter. I love fall riding.

Fred, you may want to edit the sub title to this thread to indicate either the revised 10/10 date or to say the ride is OFF for 10/3.

PS- her b-day is 10/11.
Well, since you revealed her present, Julie must not frequent our little forum. So you can tell us: How old is she going to be? :rolleyes:

(just kidding, we don't need to know)

Fred, you may want to edit the sub title to this thread to indicate either the revised 10/10 date or to say the ride is OFF for 10/3.
Good idea. Done, and done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it is really looking like it may be pushed out a week due to weather. Any chance you kids could come out to play then? Of course that is assuming we get one day out of 3 that is fair.
Can't make it on the 10th either. I really wish we could but it's my 10 year High School Reunion. Did I say 10? .....yeah, I wish. Really it's the 30th. :unsure:

Oh my gosh, where did the time go?

I was really looking forward to this ride for the past month!! Dam rain!!

But at least sunday is looking to be a nice day so George and I will be taking a ride to Marcus Dairy in Danbury CT for the day. They have a cool mini motorcycle expo where they sell all types of stuff and a nice lunch spot. If anybody wants to meet up there let me or George know. Next weekend going to North Carolina (flying unfortunatley..lol) to see some friends.

If any other rides are in the works let us know!!!

Ride safe!!!

Mike

My buddy bill who owns 15 bikes is letting me take one of his toys out on Sundays ride!! So im trying to decide which one to take.... here are my choices...

1- 2009 yamaha vmax

2- 2008 suzuki bking

3- 2008 Harley screaming eagle springer

4- 2009 kawi concours ( I have an fjr so not thinking about this)

5- 2008 Honda goldwing (I have a Harley Ultra so not thinking this one either)

6- 2009 ducati streetfighter

7- 2007 suzuki M109r

8- 2005 Screaming eagle Harley V- Rod

The rest of the bikes are worth over 30k+ and dont think hell let me take those...lol...lol...

What do you guys think?? Decisions.. decisions....

Im leaning towards the Vmax or Bking..... Good freakin Times!!!!