Cruise Control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just looked at the link supplied in the bin-o-facts and the price of McCruise has jumped compared to prices described on the forum last year. Now $838 with loom for the GENII FJR manual clutch version. Ouch.

Actually that's $737.16 US dollars, however it still has gone up about $157.00 since last year!!!!. Boy I didn't realize how much they have gone up. In fact yesterday I just sent an email to Tony at MCC to see if he would be interested in participating in a group buy (this was thinking the price was still around $580 US) for his product. Once again I didn't realize how much they have gone up!!!!! Damn it, now I'm not sure if it would even be worth doing a group buy because that's some major cash for a freakin cruise control. :blink:

OMG!!! Even at 20% discount you're still at $589 which is still few dollar higher than last year's price!. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Not going to say that money it's an issue, however I have been on a goldwing for the past 7 years and got use to cruise control. Not to mention I have a wrist problem (its to heavy). I'm new to the Fjr and I'm looking for somthing durable and plug and play if I can.

Not going to say that money it's an issue, however I have been on a goldwing for the past 7 years and got use to cruise control. Not to mention I have a wrist problem (its to heavy). I'm new to the Fjr and I'm looking for somthing durable and plug and play if I can.
How does $85.95 sound? Link

Just got my Fjr and put a throttle lock on it, not sure i like it. Can any one tell me if the cruise controls that I have seen online are any good.
Yes, I installed the motorcycle criuse from spoiled biker in Florida and it works great., just like your cage.

the price of McCruise has jumped compared to prices described on the forum last year. Now $838 with loom for the GENII FJR manual clutch version. Ouch.

+1 - I can ride a looooooong time with $838 dollars in gas money.

I'm sure its great to have but DAMN on that cost.

I'm gonna need a sidecar for that :)

too bad they're not making one of those leaning sidecar setups for the FJR :p

cruis control :unsure: ..GPS, radar, sonar, electric tooth brusheswhats the world comming to... what happened to the old style of riding, just taking off down a road with no destinatin and see where you end up?

Oh Ya, pick up kids for school.. For my first long trip on my FJR, i'll be getting that throttlemeister gadget :D

that's still AUS dollars on their site. Still, I barely paid $400 for mine less than a year ago.

I just looked at the link supplied in the bin-o-facts and the price of McCruise has jumped compared to prices described on the forum last year. Now $838 with loom for the GENII FJR manual clutch version. Ouch.

You can thank the weak U.S. Dollar for that, at least in part. I would think it would also result in increases in Japanese bike prices sooner or later.

LC

need the GPS and RD, PDQ or you're SOL? :p

cruis control :unsure: ..GPS, radar, sonar, electric tooth brusheswhats the world comming to... what happened to the old style of riding, just taking off down a road with no destinatin and see where you end up?

Oh Ya, pick up kids for school.. For my first long trip on my FJR, i'll be getting that throttlemeister gadget :D

Without the GPS and RD on the FJR you would end up lost and in jail! :rolleyes:

LC

P.S. Oh, yeah. My MC Cruise works flawlessly!

Fitted MC Cruise on my 07AE just after purchase, yes it was expensive, but two weeks later went for a bit of a ride, 10,000klms plus and it was an absolute bonus. I would not be without it now. Not only does it keep you safe from the Pleez orifice but it does save the right wrist and will save fuel on a long trip. Below 40mph you will need to make sure you are in a lower gear as the Yam does have a lot more power to weight than the average SUV and as a consequence it is only just of idle, but if you want a very safe Cruise control you can not go past the Oz MC Cruise.

Cejay

Audiovox does not work on my 06. Many have had problems with the 06's and those that have had not been able to fix it. You should be ok with your 05.

I've put 30,000 miles on my 04' since installing an MC Cruise and it has operated flawlessly. I can't imagine having a bike without it. Being able to relax my right hand and still make speed adjustments with my left thumb is great. The actuator (I think that's what they call it) on mine sits behind my left foot peg and requires I slide my foot out on the peg when I'm just cruising with the ball of my foot on the peg, but it's not that big of a deal. I understand it has now been moved to a spot under the seat, a good product gets better. It's easy to cruise at 90 mph and not realize it on the FJR so setting the cruise at an acceptable speed (+5, +10, +??) can save you enough on tickets to pay for the unit many times over. Electronic cruise is the only way to go.