Death of an FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raggitash

Reaction score
First off, when I left Phil at Grantown on spey it was a lovely day and we had just come across the Dava moor which is a great run. I left him to carry on and the next thing I hear he has thrown the FJR up the road.

Given that the pics (Pics taken by his "friends") show the bike must have spun about in the air to get nearly every surface clarted in dirt and damage, It must have been a bloody spectacular crash.

Note the following

1. Clods of dirt all around.

2. Broken or missing plastics everywhere.

3. Sub frame snapped off.

4. Angle of forks and direction of handle bars.

5. Rear brake caliper (No damage to this but I'm hoping to aquire this for my FJR. How about it Phil?)

6. Damage to Phil

Apparently FJRs dont go round corners as well as, say, Rossies bike. Still doesnt mean we cant try Eh Phil?

Phil is OK apart from pride and a very sore knee.

The bike isnt.

DSC01528.JPG

Nice shot of the deer fence. He has not had the bill for that yet

DSC01525.JPG

A bit closer

DSC01539.JPG

The other side.

DSC01524.JPG

Thats Phil that is. Stayed in that position for ages so I'm told. Ouch

P1000113.JPG

More ouch.

P1000116.JPG

Even more ouch. tch tch tch.

DSC01540.JPG

Last known pic of the FJR. Bye bye bike, bye bye.

Phil says "He'll be back" Daft bugger.

Sorry to hear about the FJr but glad he is OK. :D

What language is that? Whatever it is, I want to learn to speak it. Just look at all those cool words. Yip, yip, yip.

I can completely understand Phil staying in that position for all that time. The bruises make it clear he's spending a lot of time in that same position right now. Good to see evidence of real gear under that sheet. Also good to see that the sheet is not pulled all the way up; by the looks of the terrain and the various boulders and other hard bits about, it could have been.

Heal up, Phil, and thanks for whatever pain you went through to don the knickers before taking that profile picture. ;)

Yes! Sorry to hear about the "mis-hap". Heal, Phil.

And thanks for the posted warning:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the FJR is not your younger brother's sport bike. It is a heavy sport touring bike that sings a "Siren's Song". To wit, "I am a poweful and graceful bike. Go faster, take the turns quicker. We can do it, honest, you are so talented and able when you are riding me."

However, at some point and without warning, the FJR will revert to being a 650+ lb. sport-touring bike and will let you write a check she just cannot cash. Either by our lack of skill (so cleverly hidden by the bike's abilities) or simply because of physical limitations (weight and speed), you may find yourself on the dirt shoulder or in a ditch, OR even being tossed aside like Phil.

It is Spring and early in the riding season:

Let's be careful out there, okay!?!? :rolleyes:

Again, please pass my wishes to Phil that he quickly and completely heal....and replace his beloved FJR.

Glad to hear Phil made it through the ordeal. Guess the frame sliders didn't do much good in this situation, eh?

Oh, and Phil, chicks dig scars, not big ass whole body side bruises..... :)
Now that's just funny. See, Phil is probably trying to laugh right now but can't since he just passed out from the pain.

Get well soon Phil. Glad you're OK.

That's one phucked up bruise! :unsure:

That's a lot of bruising for not breaking any bones... somebody was watching over Phil during that body-bike ballet. I don't think the front of the bike is supposed to look like that... just a guess.

ya that will stay with him for a few days, heal up. then get the bike up one way or another. i see the add now.

fj for sale some body damage. cheap.

Phils reading this on his own laptop thingie. Well he doesnt have much else to do has he?
Well, as soon as he's feeling up to it, he could post what he knows about how this happened, so maybe some of us can benefit from knowledge gained at his expense.

Phil, get well soon and sorry about the down.

Hope you are feeling better Phil - I imagine it wasn't until the next day that you realised how sore you really were.

Sure messed up a nice bike tho :(

Tell Phil he is a wussy.

I thought the Scots were a tough breed. That bike was still rideable, I mean, shease, it still has air in the tires for Christ sake. He shoulda took it on home. :D

Heal up and ride again. :good:

Latest posts