Death Valley - Feb. 12 thru Feb. 16

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray, I will be traveling on four wheels this trip....and I am getting a bit irritated with myself for doing so, again. I have not ridden much this winter and do no feel comfortable two-up at this point in time. I am still torn between the FJ09 and the CanAm F3 (which I have yet to test ride) as the replacement for the FJR.

The wife and I will be on 4 wheels as well. FJR is still in winter storage. I went out front this morning and chipped out enough ice so the dog sitter will have a place to park.

Death Valley is chock full of yellow, white, and some purple little flowers. Not in all areas, but some parts are truly awesome. We cruised through at sunset to arrive just past dusk at the Longstreet and are safe and warm in the rv park.

I never realized it before, but some of the grades in DV are very steep. Had the portable Hondarosa in 2nd gear and grunting to pull the hill. Never had that problem on the FJR.

..and then msDcarver starts going off on what bitchen motobike roads these are? LOL, sometimes she doesn't have the best timing. JSNF!

Looking forward to seeing peeps tomorrow!

-d

Arrived at Longstreet just before 23:00 H. Could not see the flowers but the night sky was definitely awesome. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Uh Huh!

Found MCML and Valerie and Jeff and Brian Boyles

Rumor has it that airhead beemers are at furnace creek. Gonna look for /2 stuff or leads

P.S. Morecowbell smells good.
biggrin.png

WTF? Somebody please confirm. Carver?

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda.

But I made commitments, and couldn't change my mind without nuken someones plans.

Have fun, and no falling down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting day.. Most airheads on the road. No leads.

Nice conversation at Furnace Creek with ms, Joseph, Valerie.

Dinner good too!