Death Valley - Feb. 12 thru Feb. 16

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good News:

Road Update 11/23/2015

Not a lot of change. Roads not listed as closed are open, so most of the park is open. We're working on the closures, but there no estimate on re-opening dates.

What can we expect for temperatures in February? Need to plan what gear to bring.
These are the average JAN-FEB-MAR temperatures FYB, if you snuggle up with Don Carver you will be a hell of a lot warmer! JSNS, Ooo-La-La!

67F 40 January 19C 4

73F 46 February 23C 8

82F 55 March 28C 13

217871_10151150499160325_1168520869_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
dcarver and Msdcarver will grace all of you with our presence at this fine gathering of motobike peeps.

of course we will be in a 1 ton dodge truck, with big-ass camper, even bigger assed-trailer, with an even bigger-assed fjr in the back. And maybe a dualsport bike too.
punk.gif
oh, and a pshyco dog too.

We're about a month out so trying to get a headcount for meals and such so please update your RSVP so I can add or delete you to the list. I'll put the full list in the first post shortly. :)

Does anyone know how El Nino has been treating Death Valley?

I Know SoCal has had lots of rain. Up in southern Utah we have been getting precip on days that are are forecast as full sun 24 hrs earlier.

Yeah, but I heard somewhere that the El Nino may cause a lot of snow in the high passes too. And if the roads are flooded how do we see the flowers???