Did You Name Your Bike ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PUGER, Its my license plate

06-21-10086.jpg

My wife named my FJR for me the first time she saw it after the truck delivered it to our house. "Omg, this thing is BIG ASS!.....I guess you should call this thing your B.A.B.E. in short, this is a 'Big Ass Bike Extraordinaire'." Of course it stuck for good.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has a name, but no human is allowed to put voice to it. Or make it appear on a screen. Or even to think it!
I just thought about it... whaddya gonna do about it, punk? :D
Not think about it, think it.

Since you don't know the name you couldn't think it, so you're OK.

(Shit, I had to think the name as I typed that. . . . I can't breathe . . . . . Ackk)

Wait, I'm not human (or so I've been told) so it's OK.

I named mine Lily, after our cat that killed a few years ago. My ZX-14 is named Daisy after my dog that died last year.

I call mine the Filthy Whore, 'cause she keeps me broke & tired. Plus, I ride her hard & put her away wet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my first was called "Remington"...ergo, my handle FJRRemingtonRider...

Didn't figure on crashing him, but I did....so no more Remington the bike;

but I am stuck with FJR-RemingtonRider...

'

New 08' is called "BlackStroke".....

OK, I have read through this whole post and found I have not posted on it, so I will.

I know IT is not alive. IT is simply an assembly of iron and aluminum in relatively pure forms made into precise shapes and carbon and hydrogen bound together in various compounds. The most aware THING in it only knows RPM, temperature, fuel flow and free oxygen levels. Down deep though in my visceral subconscious, it is an animal not merely a machine. My cars are machines. SHE, is an animal and needs a place to sleep. She needs daily care. She needs to be pushed and pulled into her weekly bath. When we ride, she often responds to my thoughts well before any input has become crass enough to be visible. She tells me if she is hurt or not feeling well. She likes the pat on her tank when I mount her. She likes to go fast but gets grouchy when pushed over 135 and downright mean above 155 so these are very rare things. She also really likes to be out in front of all the machines that crawl through her territory. She is not a psycho, she just wants to have the open part of the road in front of her.

This particular animal seems to be a very large hermaphrodite though. Most of the time it seems to be very female, but can morph to male at times. If I do not treat her like a lady she will morph to a male and thoroughly kick my ass. He will really play hooligan if I forget the beast is in first and crank his right ear like he is in second or third. She will also do this if I neglect her or abuse her. She was named Silver, after the Lone Rangers horse by her previous owner, Allrider(who posted on page one). 'She' turned 'he' on me in October in while crossing a floodslide in a thunderstorm in October and roughed me up on a cliff like a horse with a rider against a tree. The damage was worked on and with the right touch-up paint, the scratches are now battle scars.

The other beast I own is older and has some mechanical form of arthritis. She moves slower, is not as smart, has more battle-scars and vibrates alot but even with 220,000 miles she still likes for me to take her out. She told me her name was Scooby-Doo.... while we were slaloming through the dashed lines of a long forgotten road. (I think the west end of hywy 58)

I call them by name to any other family members only on the rarest of occasions. Names are a personal thing after all.

Post 68: Huh?

Apparently I'm a geek, but I did name my two bikes much to the pleasure of the gals in my office. They like to hear of the antics with the two girls I ride...My 2011 Kawi Ninja 1000 is Halle (Berry) and my 2008 FJR is Elisha. Cuthbert.

When one gets jealous of me riding the other, I try to accommodate. It is hard to get off Halle after a commute, but I persevere. Elisha? I have definite plans for this weekend.

So there.

Isabella...sounds italian like my 100% italiano wifey is...on the internet, I refer her as the AIW or Angelic Italian Wifey

last two bikes were Sophia and Samantha

<yes, I searched here and google for a similar thread>
I call mine Dirk Diggler. Oh, and I haven't named my bike yet :p

Isabella...sounds italian like my 100% italiano wifey is...on the internet, I refer her as the AIW or Angelic Italian Wifey

last two bikes were Sophia and Samantha

<yes, I searched here and google for a similar thread>
I call mine Dirk Diggler. Oh, and I haven't named my bike yet :p
Great Minds Think Alike! Brilliant ricks.06, Absolutely Brilliant! I call mine: "The Irish Warclub"! Oh, and the bikes: 1) Miss Lucy Liu - Yamaha FJR; 2) Gisele - BMW K1600GT and 3) Salma Hayek - BMW F800GS. Now gone are Ingrid - BMW R1150RT and Pam Anderson - Harley Davidson FXD.

I've been resisting this thread for awhile, but what the hell...

My '03 was repainted "R-1 Red" in 2005. I then named her Mahotwin Duta, which is Lakota Sioux for Red (Duta) Bear (Mahto) Woman (Win). I hung the moniker on the '03 when reminiscing about a former squeeze with flaming red hair who, in the sack, would tear you up like a she grizzly - just ferocious, teeth and claw marks and... no, no more details! She'd pretty much leave a person a ruin. I nicknamed that gal Mahtowin Duta. I have not informed my wife of this connection.

OK, I have read through this whole post and found I have not posted on it, so I will.

I know IT is not alive. IT is simply an assembly of iron and aluminum in relatively pure forms made into precise shapes and carbon and hydrogen bound together in various compounds. The most aware THING in it only knows RPM, temperature, fuel flow and free oxygen levels. Down deep though in my visceral subconscious, it is an animal not merely a machine. My cars are machines. SHE, is an animal and needs a place to sleep. She needs daily care. She needs to be pushed and pulled into her weekly bath. When we ride, she often responds to my thoughts well before any input has become crass enough to be visible. She tells me if she is hurt or not feeling well. She likes the pat on her tank when I mount her. She likes to go fast but gets grouchy when pushed over 135 and downright mean above 155 so these are very rare things. She also really likes to be out in front of all the machines that crawl through her territory. She is not a psycho, she just wants to have the open part of the road in front of her.

This particular animal seems to be a very large hermaphrodite though. Most of the time it seems to be very female, but can morph to male at times. If I do not treat her like a lady she will morph to a male and thoroughly kick my ass. He will really play hooligan if I forget the beast is in first and crank his right ear like he is in second or third. She will also do this if I neglect her or abuse her. She was named Silver, after the Lone Rangers horse by her previous owner, Allrider(who posted on page one). 'She' turned 'he' on me in October in while crossing a floodslide in a thunderstorm in October and roughed me up on a cliff like a horse with a rider against a tree. The damage was worked on and with the right touch-up paint, the scratches are now battle scars.

The other beast I own is older and has some mechanical form of arthritis. She moves slower, is not as smart, has more battle-scars and vibrates alot but even with 220,000 miles she still likes for me to take her out. She told me her name was Scooby-Doo.... while we were slaloming through the dashed lines of a long forgotten road. (I think the west end of hywy 58)

I call them by name to any other family members only on the rarest of occasions. Names are a personal thing after all.
She-male huh?

Well, until I identify a particular organ denoting Silver's sex or until I admit that a female can intimidate me or kick my ass, I have to go with what she shows me with her personality. Today, she was very much a lady.

I WAS looking for a more dignified and scientific term than Hermaphrodite though.