Donnington Moto Gp Race

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

throttlejockeyTJ

throttlejockeyTJ
Reaction score
A race having to be ridden in a torential downpour. Rossi had some near get off's, while quite a few crashed. The second wet race this year &Sete was again leaving the competitors at the start. It would seem he doesn't take the time to feel things out well enough because both wet races he made an early exit. Nicky had a wild highside. Rossi got into his rythm and motored off. To me it was visable watching that incredable Elf when he had it figured out to step it up. In the wet he put a stamp on the Championship. When he is on he will wait for ya at the finish.

Edwards (4) is only one point behind Melandri (crash again). Roberts finished second proving he can still ride when power is not an issue. TJ

Sete watching Rossi smoking them again must have been fit to be tied. :trinibob:

Tried to put 'spoiler' but can't edit titles. :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently in England working. I did not go to the race because of the weather but watched it on TV live instead. The race is shown flag to flag with no comercial breaks. The commentators are much more entertaining than those on SPEED TV. There was a full hour of pre-race show that had good interviews with most of the top riders. I even learned a new saying for alot of rain. "Wetter than an otter's pocket" :D

Rossi's from another planet! Absolutley amazing. Also glad to see KR take second. Another talented rider unfortunately riding inferior equipment.

:eek: The Mullet's crash was mega-bad. His bike bounced up and the rear tire landed on his inner thigh, stradeling the back wheel. The rider/bike unit continued sliding down the track and off into the grass. As I was watching that I didn't think he was gonna walk away from that one, but I was glad he was alright. Rossi needs SOME competiion.

Me Too Slap!!!....dem guys sure earn their paychecks. I'm amazed most of the time they just get up and shake it off ! Awesome Stuff!!! :D

Bobby

It was amazing. Nascar races get postponed if two drops of water hit the pavement. These motorcycle guys would have been better off riding with a ski instead of a tire on the front end.

Conclusion: Motorcycle racers are tough as nails and Nascar drivers are wimps . . . :D

I agree Ric, uh oh, left turn comin up...uh oh another one, uh oh looks like another left...oh crap...here comes another left....uh oh.....ad nauseum.... :D

BB