Enough to give you a PISS-POOR ATITUDE!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take it you are riding the bike everyday?
No -- working every day, and my office is 0.4 miles from my condo. Not enough distance to get the oil up to temp or be worth gearing up coming and going. And it's dark before I leave the office most days. But without snow on the slopes, I am finding time to ride in the foothills on weekends, or at the least, over to a friend's to watch football on his big screen TV. :)

It was nine freaking degrees when I got on the FJR to come to work today. And when I got here I could not turn my bike off, the ignition froze on with the key in it. It was the first time I ever had to pour water on a key to unfreeze it from the bike. I guess I should get off my butt and order the stuff I need to install the hand guards if I am going to riding when it is this cold.
I am okay with the snow at the lake, but last week I got caught in the snow between Reno and Carson City and it sucked.
I've lived enough years in Reno (UNR way back), Tahoe City (many years between '78 and '95), South Lake Tahoe and Gardnerville (between '04 and '06) to know what you're dealing with. That stretch through the Washoe Valley wind tunnel on a bad day can be a beyotch on a bike!! I actually like the Reno to Topaz area of northern Nevada, but sometimes the wind can get a little too persistent, and this time of year, it's enough colder than this side of the mountain that I think I"ll stay here even though it can be a bit more extreme in the summer. (Altitude is the best cure for heat, anyway, and that's one of the reasons to own a bike on either side of these mountains.)

Try not to freeze yer ass off!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came in from scraping and scooping 1/2" of ice off of a larger than average driveway and the sidewalks. An hour and a half! Thought I'd get a workout in today, but not like that.
Snowblower next to the Feej just doesn't look right!

Craig (Winter sux)
A husky snowblower? Nice equipment.

My garage looks similarly sad... :angry2:
The 2nd best advice I ever got was from my neighbor when shopping for a snow blower. He said "Don't get anything less than 10 horses".

The best advice I ever got was from my wife "Oooh, that's a nice color, you should get that one". She was referring to the Black Cherry of the '07 :yahoo:

Craig