EOM 2013 - Maggie Valley, NC 20-22 September 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Joe. Remember that fun ride down 219 in the dark? That is probably the most hairy of night twisties I have experienced. That one huge ass deer just off the road is still burned in my brain!
How could I forget...doing 70-80 in the dark...plus it was just a little cold once the sun went down

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in! My son lives in nearby Asheville. I get to ride that route this weekend.

Will ride my new 'to me' 2012 tomorrow night for the first time. Flying in to Orlando tomorrow afternoon. (bought it online from a BMW dealer there). Then after a day and a half hanging around in warm weather will leave in the middle of the night (tight schedule) Asheville bound for a 2 day layover before second 9 hour leg to Baltimore. I hope the forecast snow showers Saturday in Asheville are just that!

I'm excited about this EOM event for a lot of reasons - meeting FJR folks - meeting FJRs - visiting grandson a d even the rest of the family - Wheels in Time - and riding the Tail of the Dragon again. Last time I rode it was ~'95 with my daughter on the back of my full Harley Tourer loaded to the max! I thought that was fun. I suspect on my FJR it will require new adjectives for me!

I can't explain the duplication of my post within the post. I'm in a bad data area siting in a boring meeting. I think the boring meeting is the likely suspect! 😜

I'm in! My son lives in nearby Asheville. I get to ride that route this weekend.
Will ride my new 'to me' 2012 tomorrow night for the first time. Flying in to Orlando tomorrow afternoon. (bought it online from a BMW dealer there). Then after a day and a half hanging around in warm weather will leave in the middle of the night (tight schedule) Asheville bound for a 2 day layover before second 9 hour leg to Baltimore. I hope the forecast snow showers Saturday in Asheville are just that!

I'm excited about this EOM event for a lot of reasons - meeting FJR folks - meeting FJRs - visiting grandson a d even the rest of the family - Wheels in Time - and riding the Tail of the Dragon again. Last time I rode it was ~'95 with my daughter on the back of my full Harley Tourer loaded to the max! I thought that was fun. I suspect on my FJR it will require new adjectives for me!
That's great news for you...watch the black ice on the way back home.

See you in the fall September.

Who said you could tag along?
bike.gif

Room is booked for Friday & Saturday nights...I might change my reservation to include Thursday night.

I did call and add Thursday night to my reservation... see y'all there.

I'm a newb who just got his FJR and would be interested in breaking his EOM Cherry but I can't seem to find any information on registration or room rates at the host motel. Am I mistaken in thinking there is formal registration for EOM or special room rates for a block of rooms at the host motel? According to the Maggie Vally Inn's online reservation service there are only two rooms left.

Mike - not to worry, I'm working on the registration stuff. The rooms are blocked for us, that is why the online reservation shows the placed booked. You can call and book now if you like, referencing the FJR motorcycle meet.

I plan to get the EOM website moved and refreshed during May.

-Wayne.

I'm a newb who just got his FJR and would be interested in breaking his EOM Cherry but I can't seem to find any information on registration or room rates at the host motel. Am I mistaken in thinking there is formal registration for EOM or special room rates for a block of rooms at the host motel? According to the Maggie Vally Inn's online reservation service there are only two rooms left.