EOM 2014 - Maggie Valley - 26-28 Sept 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An imitator, eh? I'm not so sure that I'd be telling people that.

Lol! & just kidding anyhow. I'd be proud to let you suck the fumes of my rice burner any day.

Pretty much no matter what u ride, u can't beat the riding in the Deal's Gap area (Tn/Nc). There's a little bit for everyone there.

KJ .....l still believe you wear the pants in the family, just that Deb controls the zipper. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the EOM, but will come up a few days early and stay in Alcoa,Tn not sure yet. I'm sure I will see you on the mountain somewhere.

Excuse my FRENCH but, where in the HELL is the registration and info link? I have money and I want to go!!!

help.gif

It's coming soon. Patience, Grasshopper! :)

In the meantime, call the hotel and reserve the room.

(828) 926-0201. Mention you're going for the EOM. They will give you the group rate.

You're Welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greets. Genuinely hoping to make the event. Wanted to put a feeler out to see if anyone was looking to share a room with an undersized non-smoker who doesn't snore much ;-). Shoot me a PM if you have any space.

Trying to get things in the works for registration, etc. Give us time and we'll get it out ASAP! (okay, As soon as we friggin' can is more like it) :D

Pretty much no matter what u ride, u can't beat the riding in the Deal's Gap area (Tn/Nc). There's a little bit for everyone there. KJ .....l still believe you wear the pants in the family, just that Deb controls the zipper. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the EOM, but will come up a few days early and stay in Alcoa,Tn not sure yet. I'm sure I will see you on the mountain somewhere.
Yeah she's got her hands on the zipper alright.

Me and Steamer are riding to this from NAFO. We are just going to combine the 2 event/weekends. Mike (Wine Guy) is riding to NAFO with us, but he can't do the later; EOM. So this is where we stand as of this writing. Only rooms booked are for the 2 events and a hop-over hotel in Gaylord MI. (going thru the UP) on the ride-in to LaCrosse. We may just ad-lib hotels for the 'tweener' as I'm not sure of our loop route as of yet. I know we wanna swing wide of Chi-town when we depart LaCrosse.

Well... I'm going to have to back out of the event this year. Just accepted a position in south Florida. Starting a new job, house hunting, selling this house, moving the family... all that stuff is really going to take precedent over a bike trip.

Well... I'm going to have to back out of the event this year. Just accepted a position in south Florida. Starting a new job, house hunting, selling this house, moving the family... all that stuff is really going to take precedent over a bike trip.
Ken??!! Flatistan? Really? You going to become Howie's right hand manatee?

Seriously, congrats and good luck with the move!

KJ, PM Rick Corwine for some tasty routes in the UP. He set me up a few years back when I was at CFO and man I had a ball riding the UP.
Since i just did this route 2 weeks ago (Minneapolis) where I took some northern Wisconsin alphabet roads; B, X, G and some double lettered ones... Well they were all pretty darn good, except all the gravel kicked up in the corners.
sad.png
Those (at least the northern alpha roads) had zero paved shoulders, only large stone which 4 wheeler traffic w/ like trailers? (or just lazy caged turns) have kicked those stones prominently into the line you want to take.

I will however ask to maybe have my connection (NAFO to EOM) route/map critiqued.

Last edited by a moderator:
WHAT??? South Florida? you can't do that. Ain't no good twisties down there

Oh well good luck with all of that.

I guess you and Tony will be new riding buddies

Ken??!! Flatistan? Really? You going to become Howie's right hand manatee?
Seriously, congrats and good luck with the move!
Congrats on the job, good luck with the move. Hopefully yer within striking distance of the Keys so wifey and I can come stay overnight on our way down there!
biggrin.png

'bout 90 miles from Key Largo... Job is in Ft. Lauderdale but will likely end up in Parkland or Coral Springs area for a house.

Job is a nice promo/pay bump and going to love the weather but Florida is SOOOO FLAT!!! I'm scouting around for highway interchanges nearby just so I can still take a curve. Hell I might have to consider going darksider... not much point in keeping a real motorcycle tire on the rear down there.

Congrats, make sure you get a nice two story house, so when all the icebergs melt and Florida is inundated, you can take that motorboat from your house to Fencer's in Alabama.