EOM 2016 - Registration and Info Update

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Intech - Bob Don;t know if you remember our last ride, I'm a little hazy onb it myself. But I think it was "the one" that convinced me that leading a herd that large was not a particularly great idea.

And, if I'm remembering the year correctly (I'm too lazy to check) we did lose one rider that year to a little not ATGATT "get off" early in the day when an Fz1 rider stuck his front wheel in a rip in the pavement while braking in Hanover?

I'm sure that you are as good a ride leader now, as you were a follower back then. These other wahoos are just wicked jealous of your mad, northeastern honed riding skillz.

If you can ride (with any degree of certainty) up here on our shit-tay New England roads, well you can smoke those pansies on their pristine, unblemished roads down south, without even breaking a sweat. Where's the challenge of riding smooth roads? That's like skiing on the groomers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who boasts about riding bumpy roads?

Someone who doesn't have creamy smooth twisty roads, that's who! :D

I learned all about bumpy roads in Chicago and northern Illinois, taint nuttin I'd rather have than twisty smooth roads right outside my front door...instead of riding 400 miles to get to em.

I bumped my head while drunk in a smooth driveway once..

27 stiches.

Don't overestimate smooth roads, sidewalks, or driveways.

Or approaches to Bookcases!

Who boasts about riding bumpy roads?Someone who doesn't have creamy smooth twisty roads, that's who! :D

I learned all about bumpy roads in Chicago and northern Illinois, taint nuttin I'd rather have than twisty smooth roads right outside my front door...instead of riding 400 miles to get to em.
I didn't think I could hate you any more than I did 10 seconds ago.

Gee wizz... I need to see what y'all have done to Bob these past few years. Last time I rode with him in New England (it was quite a while back) he was a well behaved rider and a gent. A pleasure to have along.
We were in a big group, so we were, most decidedly, not rippin' up any asphalt, and we still had a fine day, as my foggy memory banks allow me to recall.

Then again, I didn't let him lead. ;)
THEY haven't done anything to me. I am still well behaved(unless I'm following Petey) and a gent. I appreciate the kind words. I had to keep track of a 29 bike pack at EOM last year. We finished with the same amount of bikes we started with. I can say, however, that I DON'T want to do that again!
I was kinda glad for the size of that group, after the night I had, I don't think I could have handled the usual pace, without puking in my helmet.

Who boasts about riding bumpy roads?Someone who doesn't have creamy smooth twisty roads, that's who! :D

I didn't think I could hate you any more than I did 10 seconds ago.
Wow...and that's say in sumpin!

:D

C'mon down!

Hey, I know all about riding 500 miles to get 70 good miles in. But according to your travels lately, yer willing to travel 2500 miles to get good road time in!

Great thing about having bike to bike comm (Sena or GMRS, etc), If I have to pee, I'm stopping...
And yet I still get lectured to about not pulling over often enough..... something about bladder size, age, and a garden hose. I don't know, I'm too busy singing and downing the Dew Kickstart.... 😃

Who boasts about riding bumpy roads?Someone who doesn't have creamy smooth twisty roads, that's who!
biggrin.png

I learned all about bumpy roads in Chicago and northern Illinois
It's not boasting. More like sour grape complaining.

But you must admit that when you get used to having to ride on on crappy roads all year long. it sure makes the smooth ones easy. And as you said, you earned your chops on some of the finest northern trash around. ;)

taint nuttin I'd rather have than twisty smooth roads right outside my front door...instead of riding 400 miles to get to em.
400 would be nice. It's about 600 for us to get below the frost heave line. But... we'll be heading that way to play in just one more week from right now!
hyper.gif

Who boasts about riding bumpy roads?It's not boasting. More like sour grape complaining...
But you must admit that when you get used to having to ride on on crappy roads all year long. it sure makes the smooth ones easy. And as you said, you earned your chops on some of the finest northern trash around.
wink.png
The New England roads caused me to buy an ES. Priceless. The ability to simply and easily adjust for road conditions puts the fun back in riding in our area with only a few exceptions that won't be tamed.

Looking forward to riding some of the nice roads in the VA/NC/TN area as well as taking in the very nice scenery.

I'm in south Florida.... The only curves are on and off ramps and the only hills are the garbage dumps. It's especially bad as I WAS in western Pennsylvania and had beautiful twisties about 100 yards from my driveway.

@Intech - Bob Don;t know if you remember our last ride, I'm a little hazy onb it myself. But I think it was "the one" that convinced me that leading a herd that large was not a particularly great idea.
And, if I'm remembering the year correctly (I'm too lazy to check) we did lose one rider that year to a little not ATGATT "get off" early in the day when an Fz1 rider stuck his front wheel in a rip in the pavement while braking in Hanover?

I'm sure that you are as good a ride leader now, as you were a follower back then. These other wahoos are just wicked jealous of your mad, northeastern honed riding skillz.

If you can ride (with any degree of certainty) up here on our shit-tay New England roads, well you can smoke those pansies on their pristine, unblemished roads down south, without even breaking a sweat. Where's the challenge of riding smooth roads? That's like skiing on the groomers.
I wasn't there the year that get off happened. I think that was the following year. I believe the year I was up there we stayed in W. Lebanon. The first day was good weather and then the sky opened up. My brother came up, but left early. It was quite a herd that day too.

I love N. England, but I don't miss those torn up roads.
no.gif
My last ride up that way was last year. I rode a day with Art(Roadrunner) and then through VT, NH, and ME. You do have the P&H truck stop , though. I made stops there on the way in and the way out! I was fortunate enough to live only about 8 miles from P&H when I was last living up there.

You do have the P&H truck stop
Ask Fred W how the buffalo burgers are
omg2.gif

It was Ron that got the front wheel of his FZ stuck in the split in the pavement leading to very painful knees and other misc. body dingers. This happened during a Green & White ride out of Lebanon, the precursor to NERDS. I have ridden with Ron and Sniker/Tom since then. Ron is all healed up and wears more gear but is still shy of a typical FJRider's outfit.

I've got new PR4s installed and getting them scrubbed in. Oil & filter are in the garage and will get done before the trip. Let'see, what else is there to do to a FJR? Pillion is starting to pack but might not get done in time to leave on next Tue ;) . Looking forward to the ride down and meeting up with the peeps!

Yeah, I always loved P&H before the "Buffalo Burger incident". Haven't been back since. It was just too gruesome to even contemplate repeating. It'll be a good story for the EOM parking lot though.

Yeah, I always loved P&H before the "Buffalo Burger incident". Haven't been back since. It was just too gruesome to even contemplate repeating. It'll be a good story for the EOM parking lot though.
I can't wait. I am betting it was a "two exits, no waiting" type of deal.
bad.gif

I can't wait. I am betting it was a "two exits, no waiting" type of deal. :bad:
Tap me on the shoulder for that conversation, Bob. Sounds like something I want to hear myself. :yes:

I can't wait. I am betting it was a "two exits, no waiting" type of deal. :bad:
Tap me on the shoulder for that conversation, Bob. Sounds like something I want to hear myself. :yes:
+1
Is it me, or is time a draggin'?