Farkle #1 Two Brothers M2 (Black Series) Carbon Exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone here ever considered or has the Juice Box Pro from Two Brothers that can be ordered with a map specifically tuned for the FJR with the Two Brothers slip ons? Had my M5's on for about a month now. Just wondering what to expect different in driveability and performance with the Juice Box Pro. Not much factual info on the website that tells this other than it will allow optimum performance from the mufflers. I would think that Two Brothers would have the equipment to create an accurate and good performing map for the combo. Hate to spend $339.00 without more to go on.
I have the TB M5 cans and just added a PC-III, they have a map just for the FJR and TB exhaust. It's outstanding! The Power Commands are on sale for under $300 everywhere and they are a snap to install.

Anyone here ever considered or has the Juice Box Pro from Two Brothers that can be ordered with a map specifically tuned for the FJR with the Two Brothers slip ons? Had my M5's on for about a month now. Just wondering what to expect different in driveability and performance with the Juice Box Pro. Not much factual info on the website that tells this other than it will allow optimum performance from the mufflers. I would think that Two Brothers would have the equipment to create an accurate and good performing map for the combo. Hate to spend $339.00 without more to go on.
I have the TB M5 cans and just added a PC-III, they have a map just for the FJR and TB exhaust. It's outstanding! The Power Commands are on sale for under $300 everywhere and they are a snap to install.
Thanks for the tip, I will definitly look into this!

What were the most notable changes you found after installation of the PC-III in comparison to running the Two Brothers with the stock mapping?

What were the most notable changes you found after installation of the PC-III in comparison to running the Two Brothers with the stock mapping?

1. Midrange power improvement.

2. Throttle control was good before and now outstanding! Silk smooth with the middle throttle just perfect.

3. Eliminated all of the off throttle and deceleration popping.

4. So far my MPG has actually gone up a little, yes actually better fuel mileage.Went from 38 - 40 MPG to 41-44 mpg.

Gotta Love it.

surprising about your fuel economy.

I did 740 miles this weekend with pillion and light luggage and obtained two fills at 48 mpg while two others were in the 44-45 mpg range at 80 mph on the freeway (per display but was very accurate after calculations). This is with factory fuel metering and 2bros exhaust cans on a 2010. Wondering if the fuel metering and timing has been altered from year to year?

Got bugged a bit one night too

IMG_2446.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
surprising about your fuel economy.
I did 740 miles this weekend with pillion and light luggage and obtained two fills at 48 mpg while two others were in the 44-45 mpg range at 80 mph on the freeway (per display but was very accurate after calculations). This is with factory fuel metering and 2bros exhaust cans on a 2010. Wondering if the fuel metering and timing has been altered from year to year?

Got bugged a bit one night too

IMG_2446.jpg

OK I just got new M2 Alum cans. I've read the instructions (https://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/Install_Inst/005-15604x_Inst.pdf ) front to back and it does not mention anything about new or re use of the original gaskets between the old pipes and and new mid pipes. The pipes do come with a tube of RTV which I did use to seal the gasket area. Also I was suprised that the mid pipes didn't have any slices in them to allow the pipe to compress around the old pipe like the stocker. So far no leaks but with no backpressure they shouldn't be, it might change when I try the P1X defusers, they look and sound great. Just downloaded the Power Commander map the throttle response is real good, I hope to do a long ride this weekend and see how it goes. :)

OK I just got new M2 Alum cans. I've read the instructions (https://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/Install_Inst/005-15604x_Inst.pdf ) front to back and it does not mention anything about new or re use of the original gaskets between the old pipes and and new mid pipes. The pipes do come with a tube of RTV which I did use to seal the gasket area. Also I was suprised that the mid pipes didn't have any slices in them to allow the pipe to compress around the old pipe like the stocker. So far no leaks but with no backpressure they shouldn't be, it might change when I try the P1X defusers, they look and sound great. Just downloaded the Power Commander map the throttle response is real good, I hope to do a long ride this weekend and see how it goes. :)
Strange as the mid pipes I received did have the slices. Also I measured, there was no way the original gaskets were going to fit. Just used the RTV and no leaks, I have the P1 tips.

Just as a note, my gas mileage has not changed much but might be a slight bit lower. The MPG read out is reading about 4 mpg high now with the PC-III. I have not been able to find any procedures to recalibrate this, if there is one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange as the mid pipes I received did have the slices. Also I measured, there was no way the original gaskets were going to fit. Just used the RTV and no leaks, I have the P1 tips.

Just as a note, my gas mileage has not changed much but might be a slight bit lower. The MPG read out is reading about 4 mpg high now with the PC-III. I have not been able to find any procedures to recalibrate this, if there is one.
Thanks. I'll have to look into the mid pipes and call Two Bros to check that out. I just got my P1X tips. let you know what I find out.

The mid pipes on my M5 cans had slices also. You can't use the stock gaskets. The fit between the mid pipe and header does suck. I used a couple of strips of 8mil aluminum stock on each side to fill in the gap to make a perfect slip fit before tightning the clamp. Did not need sealant.

Just installed a TB Juice Box Pro last nite. Didn't get to ride much, but I did notice much smoother running at low RPM and light throttle. Maybe a little more power. It is using the TB map for the TB cans. Also noticed higher gas mileage readings. Hope it is true, but I doubt it is. I will be checking this out by manual calculations. The Juice Box Pro seems to be very simalar to the PCIII. It can also use PCIII maps in addition to the TB maps. Will hold up to 10 additional maps.

I would check with TB about those mid pipes--that aint right!

any updates on the TB Juice Box?
Went for a little ride Saturday, about 50 miles pipes sound great but it seems that the bike wants to run closer to 70mph easier. OK that's what I told the Frankenmuth police officer when he pulled me over for going 68 in 55 oops! He let me off with a warning (Thanks I'll never do it again :rolleyes: ) So if you are riding down King rd in Frankenmuth Mi. watch your speed and a dark blue Tahoe. I sure miss the old std issue Crown Vics.

any updates on the TB Juice Box?
Put about 104 miles on it today. Results very similar to what others have said about the PCIII. Very little jerkyness at low RPM's and light throttle. Almost have to try and make jerk. Overall very smooth and responsive. Can't say it has that much more raw power, but very linear throughout power band.

I used to average about 47-50 according to my dash readout. Never thought to compare actual calculated MPG to dash readout with every thing stock. I checked today and made a comparison. Rode some back roads, a few twisties about 55 to 65 MPH, a little stop and go and about 20 miles interstate @ about 75 to 80.

Calculated milage was 45.41, the dash readout was at 53.5. It was obvious from the start with the Juice Box the dash readout was not the same as I once was. So at this point I don't know if the actual fuel mileage is better or worse than stock. If it is less I am OK with that considering how much smother it is.

Still notice a little burbling when letting off the throttle with clutch out. Not really a popping. PAIR still inplace. Not considering removal.

I still have some things to play around with. I have the P1 power tips I have not tried yet. I also still have my original ECU my 2007 came with that I might try back in to see what difference it would make in things. When the ECU recall came about I was able to keep my original. I never experienced the altitude sickness problem with it and the bike ran fine and always got 2 to 4 MPG better mileage with it than the new ECU.

I am not considering changing any settings in the Juice Box. Too big a can of worms for me to get into. Overall so far I am happy with it.

re:

"Still notice a little burbling when letting off the throttle with clutch out. Not really a popping. PAIR still inplace. Not considering removal."

I read that this could be due to a leak. In fact, mine burbled quite a bit on decel -- it sounded kind of cool but wasn't sure if it was supposed to be that way.

I recently bought the Two Brothers (aluminum finish). I had noticed that there are shallow slits on the their mid-pipes to let them compress to the size of the oem header pipes. In fact when I tightened one side, it ended up bending it:

twobros1.jpg

and the clamp (it started out round but now had a little crook in it):

twobros2.jpg

I called Two Brothers customer support and they had me send their mid-pipes back for repair (free of charge). I also told them that they are loose fitting over the OEM header pipe. Now they want me to measure the diameter (in mm) of the OEM header pipe where their mid-pipe fits over so they can use their machine to make their mid-pipe diameter smaller for a more snug fit.

Does anyone have this measurement -- i.e., before I go out there and take the mufflers off my bike?

Also, if you have Two Brothers, is your mid-pipe a bit loose going onto the OEM header pipe? I'm wondering if this looseness is causing a leak. I didn't use the sealer that came with the pipes. I was about to when I noticed the bend and figured that the sealer won't seal a bend that big.

I obviously tightened enough to cause the bend but if the pipe was a better fit, there would not be that big of a bend. If I recall, there was a bit of wiggle room there too.

Thanks,

Dennis

Yeah, my midpipes were loose as well. I used a bit of the sealant thinking the clamps would take care of it, but they didn't. I can feel a very small amount of air from each side during idle. I have tightened the Hell out of the clamps, too. Wonder if I've bent mine like you did.

At some point I'm probably gonna take 'em back off and come up with a method for a more secure fit. Thinking some sort of gasket that I'll wrap around and then snug down the midpipe clamps.

Yeah, my midpipes were loose as well. I used a bit of the sealant thinking the clamps would take care of it, but they didn't. I can feel a very small amount of air from each side during idle. I have tightened the Hell out of the clamps, too. Wonder if I've bent mine like you did.

At some point I'm probably gonna take 'em back off and come up with a method for a more secure fit. Thinking some sort of gasket that I'll wrap around and then snug down the midpipe clamps.
Just an update...

First, on my 2010 FJR, the diameter of the header pipe where it meets the Two Brothers midpipe is about 44.9732mm -- I basically measured the circumference and divided by Pi. It is the same on both sides.

Second, a few weeks back, Two Brothers sent me midpipes I sent them and they resized the openings to smaller. They fit much better -- i.e., before the resize, you just slip them on and they feel loose and would rattle; today, you have to coax/twist them on. I tightened up the clamps and one side has no leak (i.e., I used my bare fingers and felt the area where the midpipe meets the header pipe and felt nothing). On the other side, there's a small leak. I'm thinking that I can adjust and try again, but for now, I'm good.

The interesting thing for me is that the big burble I had before on deceleration is much less pronounced. Another thing I did today is I used a brand new set of earplugs and the sound seems much quieter than before (this coupled with my chopped windshield which I believe eliminates the annoying helmet buzz from bass bouncing off of the windshield). I'm going to give it a few days to get a good feel for how the better fitting pipes really sound before I made a full opinion.

Last time I had them on, the sound was just too loud for a pure pleasure cruise; it was mostly that bassy buzz. But after I took the Two Brothers off, I went riding on my R6 and got that same "too loud" feeling which is when I suspected my earplugs were nearing or past end of life.

We'll see how it goes. But as it stands right now, I had a very enjoyable ride with the Two Brothers on.

Dennis

Hey fastspy, great looking cans!!! I want to get the m-2's for my 2013 but can't seem to find out if the model for the 2012 will fit. they don't list 2013 yet on the site but I think the exhaust is the same? anyone know for sure?

I have seen some cheap slip ons on ebay. What do you guys know about Delkevic?
The Delkevic cans are pretty good quality for the cheap price they are.

I just saw some polished ones on ebay for $290 shipping INCLUDED!!

TWO BROS used to be cheaper priced years ago. All the Ricky Racers started to use them and their prices shot up but not thier quality.

From what I've seen TWO BROS quality isn't any better than DELKEVIC.

Latest posts