Farkle #1 Two Brothers M2 (Black Series) Carbon Exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. I have the Alum. ones. I guess for 700 to the door the All Black Carbons wil be my next set since I can not get a used set I been working on.

I had thought the bracket was black also? You know the thing that goes around to hold them on?

I'll add to this thread instead of starting another "exhaust topic". I just installed the Two Brothers Black Series M2 Carbon Fiber Slip-ons that I purchased from Fly-n-Cycle for $679 shipped (thanks fjrforum members). They are the lowest price I could find. Although, you will spend more money if you want the P1X power tips to quiet down the exhaust, $35 each and you'll need two. I haven't decided if I need them or not. These slip-ons are made in America, look and sound beautiful and were easy to install as long as you follow the directions. I do have two, well make that three complaints. 1) The cost of the power tips, I feel they should be included with the slip-ons similar to Leo Vince, Yoshimura who have a screw in/out quiet plug. 2) The 10mm flange nuts included in the hardware kit had the wrong thread pitch so they wouldn't screw on the provided 10mm bolts. Fortunately, I have a well stocked hardware store nearby and picked up 2 fine thread 10mm flange nuts that screwed right on. 3) Just like everyone else on this forum, I think the connector pipe (slip tube) has a sloppy fit to the FJR's exhaust. Two Bros does include a tube of RVT gasket goop in their kit but I wrapped a piece of exhaust tape inside the tube and got a good tight fit. So far, so good. If the tape does burn out i'll try a new Yamaha exhaust gasket. Iv'e only been able to start the bike and check for leaks and hear the wonderful 4-cylinder music. It sounds awesome. Can hardly wait to take it out for a test ride tomorrow and make sure the fueling is good.

Got mine installed on my 09 the other night. Loose fit, don't clamp enough to prevent movement. Loud as hell, no likey. Also PO'd that the mounting nuts and bolts were mismatched. Didn't get no silicone sealant either.

Installed P1X tips, and reinstalled using rtv at the header junction ... Much better. But, assume the clamps are still not tight enough and the sealant won't hold up over time with heat, road vibrations, etc.

Anybody have luck with shims or exhaust gaskets to get a nice tight fit?

Also noticed that the right muffler (viewed from the rear) is offset wider than the left ... Is that normal?

Where are your OEM exhaust gaskets? Did they both cone off with your OEM pipes? If so, you'll need to put them back on. If there's still space, metal heater tape does a good job of making the pipes bigger so the new exhaust are snug.

Don't know about your bolt issues. Mine were perfect.

The OEM muffler gaskets are still in the old mufflers ... so I can try pulling them out and seeing if they work, but I assume that the fit will be too tight ... we shall see. It'll be a while since I don't really feel like dickering around with them again anytime soon.

Latest posts