FJR drags!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure that was fun and all, but (how do I say this?) <_<

That was the most useless video of anything motorcycle related that I've ever seen. Pixels sliding down a scan line. Ooh! Ahh!

Obviously you weren't operating the camera, but surely it has a stronger zoom than that. Maybe get close enough to tell which bike is which? Or even that they're bikes at all?

Please take this post with the note of sarcasm that was intended, and not as a personal affront. It's just that the video really was kind of -- well, not any good.

I guess we have to take your word for it that it was YOU on an FJR.

I think the video was anti-climatic after the post wording. Nonetheless, I am sure being there was much more fun anyway!!

-BD

Sorry, if it wasn't for the text bits in there I would have no idea what either bike was other than a blurry pixel :( Definatly need a zoom next trip out. Glad to hear the bike can turn low 11's tho :D

That was the most useless video of anything motorcycle related that I've ever seen. Pixels sliding down a scan line. Ooh! Ahh!

Obviously you weren't operating the camera, but surely it has a stronger zoom than that. Maybe get close enough to tell which bike is which? Or even that they're bikes at all?

Please take this post with the note of sarcasm that was intended, and not as a personal affront. It's just that the video really was kind of -- well, not any good.
If you blow it up to full-screen it isn't too bad, youtube reduced the image quality a bit, I think. Maybe it's you computer that isn't showing it well (lol). The spectators were not permitted close enough for a good shot and she (my wife) didn't want to zoom too much, in case it made things too shaky, as can happen. The video was not intended to be anything more than a nice memory of a fun day, I added the captions because I knew it is hard to see what's what. Anyway, the point is that the FJR kicked ass and blew away a lot of bikes, V-Max(s), 600 sport bikes, 750 sport bikes etc. I just wish that there had been a Concours 14 there to pound on!!

Oh yeah, if anyone doesn't like the video, just keep on surfing, I don't need to hear it. I'm not looking for validation, just sharing something fun.

If you blow it up to full-screen it isn't too bad, youtube reduced the image quality a bit, I think. Maybe it's you computer that isn't showing it well (lol). The spectators were not permitted close enough for a good shot and she (my wife) didn't want to zoom too much, in case it made things too shaky, as can happen. The video was not intended to be anything more than a nice memory of a fun day, I added the captions because I knew it is hard to see what's what. Anyway, the point is that the FJR kicked ass and blew away a lot of bikes, V-Max(s), 600 sport bikes, 750 sport bikes etc. I just wish that there had been a Concours 14 there to pound on!!
Oh yeah, if anyone doesn't like the video, just keep on surfing, I don't need to hear it. I'm not looking for validation, just sharing something fun.
Like I said, take it with the sarcasm I intended. :rolleyes: and you didn't need to edit your post, though it's kinda funny. And I know what you mean about the shakes when zoomed in.

I know you had a blast, and I know the bike is fast. The guy I bought my FJR from is a better rider than I can ever hope to be, and my brother said he's seen a LOT of people fall trying to keep up with him on track days.

Thanks for the hint on full screen viewing. Glad to see someone enjoying their FJR!

john

good stuff.
bet you can't beat me, however.

Definetly a proud moment there!

I raced mine at the drags and only ran 11.7 @115. I was too much of a wus to launch very hard. I didn't want to abuse the clutch, and I didn't want to do like that vid.

Bullit - I enjoyed the video.. but I'm old and blind.. so the captions helped

I just wish the fjr beat the stupid honda.

Any video that requires text to explain what something is rather than SHOWING in detail up close what something is has already failed. I concurr with the others in saying "nice idea, horrible execution". Please take this feedback to heart on future endeavors.

Cool film idea.. Poorly shot video. I couldnt tell what was what on the track... Have we ever heard of a zoom lens?????

Last edited by a moderator:
You were able to beat a GSXR-750? No offense, but it sounds like the rider didn't know what he was doing.

the 750 should have dusted you...