FJR Forum Decal design

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove the top box.

Loose the www in the font and bump the font size up one.

I think most people have the same initial thought. Lose the top box. No need for the WWW. Front angled view would look more interesting. If side view is kept, not sure side stand is necessary. Bags do not look quite right. I think the shadowing of the raised area makes them look recessed rather than how they actually are which is a true raised area on the bag cover.

I can appreciated the desire to keep OEM logos, writing, off the image so Yamaha doesn't/can't complain.

My 2 cents:
  • The top box needs to go, not the OE box and top boxes are ugly anyway
  • The proposed FJR image is not exactly "screaming FJR" and only people that are familiar with FJR will recognize the FJR
  • Background Yamaha and FJR1300 logo would greately help the sticker design
  • Colors: Yamaha is associated with BLUE so the sticker should have blue bike. (I owned '05Blue and '17Matte Silver, but the '14RED is my favorite, so Red FJR sticker could be an option)
  • I would use the image that shows "the Face of the bike" or the front, since most bikes are recognized better once you see the headlights "the eyes" or the "Face" of the bike. Also bikes are looking the best when photographed at the slight angle, like this for example:
Thank you for those comments and showing some examples. This is something I can give the artist to work with.
I'll be contacting the artist later today, so please feel free to add more comments. But I am getting the message of "no box".

I'm indifferent to the top box. You can have it or lose it. Should have FJR logo on fairing like the newer FJRs.

I’d say its not crisp or sharp enough. Maybe use a high def photo or image. I’d also include the yamaha tuning fork in the background as a wallpaper. Also don’t like the top box. Perhaps a smaller windshield for a sportier look.

Great just remove the bo.
Not bad. I would lose the top box and adding a tuning fork might help. I did a SMALL bit of manipulation and found reducing contrast and increasing brightness helped a bit with detail

View attachment 4862

Edit to add: Not something that I am interested in owning. I have never been big on stickers or decals.
No top box.

Hello

Put the bike on the center stand, absolutely.

The wheel rims look spindly, should not be skinny black.

And ditch the hibachi, unless you show it open showing a nice cooked Salmon with garlic and potatoes on top. Hmmm, maybe a glass of nice white wine. Then again someone else can comment on the wine selection.

It looks like I fall in line with the majority. I like it but, the resolution could be better and while it closely resembles an FJR, it needs an FJR/Yamaha logo. Loose the top box altogether. They're not supplied on a new bike and add nothing to the looks of the bike regardless of the brand (no offense intended to those that like the look of the bike with a top box). I assume the color is simply intended to be monochromatic. I'm partial to the Cobalt Blue color (no bias there, huh?) or that beautiful, unobtanium Root Beer color but then that would likely alienate many others. The Paniers are missing the "Yamaha bars" and have character lines not present on an FJR OEM panier.

I know, details, details... But then isn't that one of the FJR's hallmarks? Yamaha sweated the details so we get to customize, farkle and tweak without having to work out those details ourselves.

Without knowing the purpose of the sticker, it's hard to say if it needs to be redone or send it to the press "as is". Now you have my 2¢ as well.

Hi all
We are having a FJRForum decal designed. Below is the design. It is based off a few photos that members have shown on the forum. What do you think? Does it look enough like the FJR?

It def looks like a FJR. Me personally would ditch the top case, I never run them and think they ruin the lines of the beautiful FJR. Oh, and make it matte blue!! Fastest color for sure...

Good job regardless on the sticker.

Hi all
We are having a FJRForum decal designed. Below is the design. It is based off a few photos that members have shown on the forum. What do you think? Does it look enough like the FJR?

No trunk please.

Yes, I'd be happy to give feedback. Need to know the intended purpose of the decal? Without that, I'd say change the font, the background outline of it, and remove all of the bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.