FJR Setup For Distance Riding

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, yea I am on this forum also. Just found out this thread about the guy I met up at Inokyrn CA at a gas stop. I thought he was a 48+ rider which I thought was in progress. I like to talking with others so I introduced myself to him. We talked for a few minutes then he took some pics and was nice enough to ask my permission, of course I said ok. Never in my wildess dreams would have thought it would end up in a write up about his adventure ride..

I was also interested about the various comments about my 05 BlueJay. It is set up for function not for form. It works great for a man in my mid 60s. I am a gadget nut also and do not mind saying so. I am retired and have 6 bikes and a scooter and I spend my time wrenching, buying gadgets and doing lots of LDRs and have formed a club, Ole Foggie Riders, that rides each and every week on Thursdays. We usually do 200-400 miles on the ride. We have all kinds of bikes, genders and have a great safe time in the many roads in so CA.

If you are curious about my biking experiences check:

https://community.webshots.com/user/turbodave_98

There are many pics of my bikes, various rides and some Clamper stuff also. And yes, as someone observed, I am a friend of Bill W.

Sorry for the long response to your question if I was on the forum, but I am glad you asked.

Reference to me reminding another rider of a "Wing Rider", I must admit that I just bought my very first Honda, a mint 91 ST 1100, aka a Baby Wing. So far I find it a good ride but must do my next farkle project setting it up like my BlueJay. I am considering doing the Baby Butt 1500 ride on the ST in mid September 2005. Then in November 2005, I am heading south to Cape Horn and back from CA on my fully farkled Kawasaki KLR 650(my first non Yamaha bike in the many I have owned). Plan on a 3 month adventure ride with 2 other older men like me.

I went to WFO4 at Skagit and it was great. Met lots of you guys and enjoyed the rides and the folks. I plan on Reno next year, if I am able. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
And he's the lucky guy that won the GPS at WFO!! Right on Dave ( you lucky SOB :p ) ! Skyway and I rode with Turbo up to the top of Mt. Baker. Excellent road!!

What?  No Throttle lock?  Sheesh... farkle rookies.... :lol:
On second look, I do see the corner of a wrist rest in the cockpit view... so he gets 1/2 credit...
Look closer, there's a thottlemeister on board in addition to the throttle rocker you spotted earlier. ;)