Forum Area for WFO8 Staff

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
This area is intended for WFO8 Staff to share and plan for the event in 2009.

Members with current access include:

Kaitsdad
- Hal Risser

Warchild
- Dale Wilson

Ignacio
- Matt Watkins

IronMaiden
- Lisa Stevens

Big Chief Stinky Pant
s - Tobie Stevens

DougC
- Doug Chapman

FJRay
- Parking/Security

Beeroux
- George Zelenz

TwoWheelNut
and
OrangevaleFJR
- (Honoray Rallymasters on Deep Memorial Recon)

Admins
- By default forum admins have access to all areas of the forum. Slapnpop or Skooterg may looky, but probably won't touchy...much.
;)

Possible staff to consider. No current access. When Hal's ready for him and WFO8 to be announced he will ask me who gets access to this area.

Toecutter, beeroux, FJRChik, dcarver

Besides access to this area membes also can "cc:" in PM's. Please use this privelege discreetly with others that have the same access. It's not something we want to turn on for the general board.

And, this area is where WFO5 and 6 were also planned, but I rolled those threads from default view as they're older than 90 days....for convenience. One can see them if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
thumb.gif

Well, Everyone, I spoke with Melanie Zimmer at the Best Western University Inn, Moscow, and we are a go.

She'll be forwarding me the final information, etc.

Information and questions:

1. T-shirts - Time frames for artwork, etc. Who?

2. Registration goodies - I.D. tags, plastic bags, stickers, wrist bands, key chains, etc. Who? How?

3. Web site for registration - Dale, I think this is you, I'm expecting necessary information from Melanie soon. What are your time frames for this?

4. We are committing for 150 rooms - and more will be available should we need them. Price will be good from Tuesday thru Monday nights, for early/late arrival/departures.

5. Dates are Thursday, July 30 thru Saturday, August 1st., departure on Sunday the 2nd.

6. Social and dinners on Friday and Saturday evenings. Menus to be decided at a later date. Lucky for you, I'm not vegetarian.

Positions/responsibilities not yet filled -

Parking/Security. Mike Krause will not be in attendance; we need to find someone else to handle this. Any suggestions?

Swag/Vendor participation. Need someone to handle this - Richard/Don/Robert not interested. Regarding this - are there any specific vendors that we do not want to attend? (MCL and Skyway I'm aware of - any others? )

Thanks, everyone, for your help in this.

And away we go !!

2. Registration goodies - I.D. tags, plastic bags, stickers, wrist bands, key chains, etc. Who? How?

Myself and Iron Maiden (Lisa) have handled most of this in the past. I do I.D. tags and lanyards, stickers after the artwork is decided, Lisa gets bags, and we can decide closer to the event depending on how budget goes what extra swag we might buy.

6. Social and dinners on Friday and Saturday evenings. Menus to be decided at a later date. Lucky for you, I'm not vegetarian.

I'll start work on this from the standpoint of pricing. Once I estimate cost we can set a price point for registration. My guess will be that Moscow can end up being cheaper than Golden and Park City. I'll try again for the option of maybe an honest-to-goodness BBQ Friday night. The weather in this area of the country and time of year is warm and rain-free.

Parking/Security. Mike Krause will not be in attendance; we need to find someone else to handle this. Any suggestions?

Yes. FJRay was one of Mike's lieutenants. I think I remember him offering to help specifically.....dude who looks like Grizzly Adams. Drop him a PM and I bet he volunteers in a second.

5. Dates are Thursday, July 30 thru Saturday, August 1st., departure on Sunday the 2nd.

BTW, I like this very much personally. Means I can actually attend and help out with my hydroplane races the weekend before. Thank you. :clapping:

are there any specific vendors that we do not want to attend? / Swag/Vendor participation. Need someone to handle this

Shouldn't be an issue with MCL or Ian or anybody else. On the other end of the spectrum I would suggest going the extra yard to specifically invite Jeff from BikeEffects.com. He's been a long-time supporter.

As for other volunteers I have gotten PM's over the past couple months from some people...but knowing I wouldn't remember exactly who I told them specifically, "When we announce a Rallymaster, please send let them know....because I'll never remember." Maybe we can announce you as RM in the near future and a schedule when we plan to announce location registration opening? Maybe the middle of January? And maybe we can announce the weekend at the same time.

1. T-shirts - Time frames for artwork, etc. Who?
I will see if artistonFJR is up to reprising his NAFO role.

3. Web site for registration - Dale, I think this is you, I'm expecting necessary information from Melanie soon. What are your time frames for this?
Probably oughta be soon.....

4. We are committing for 150 rooms - and more will be available should we need them.
The more I think about it... I am wondering if this may be an excessive number. I am reasonably sure we are not going to enjoy the attendance numbers we had in the past. Partly due to the schism within the community, mostly due to the piss-poor economy.

4. We are committing for 150 rooms - and more will be available should we need them.
The more I think about it... I am wondering if this may be an excessive number. I am reasonably sure we are not going to enjoy the attendance numbers we had in the past. Partly due to the schism within the community, mostly due to the piss-poor economy.
Dale, I was wondering about that.

I've left Melanie a vm regarding reducing the number of rooms, I should hear back from her this afternoon.

Here is the historical information too:

NAFO 265 paid attendees and staff members.

WFO-6 Park City 222

WFO-5 Reno 192

I don't remember the number of rooms, but would guess approximately 50% of attendees as a general guide. I think TWN was sweating a contracted 150 minimum in Golden and we didn't swing it...but they didn't pursue anything. And I would guess or aim for 200-250 paid attendees for attendees in WFO-8 given the economy.

Good deal Hal.

As we discussed last week, I'll handle the vendor swag.

Q: we don't charge for vendor space correct?

Unless I hear otherwise, I'll be pushing for less swag of better quality, rather than 500 trinkets and key-chains. Cool? Coup.

GZ

Unless I hear otherwise, I'll be pushing for less swag of better quality, rather than 500 trinkets and key-chains. Cool? Coup.
Subject to budget constraints. What you thinking for cost per person? Now's a good time to make sure we have it factored in as we've not announced a price.

Thanks.

Matt

Matt.

I didn't mean attendee swag, but door-prize type of stuff. Sorry.

As I told Hal earlier, I'm all for LESS staff, and for getting more FROM each staffer. I've enjoyed the perks of Staff but have done little actual work. This year I will step up and do more, hence my involvement on the vendor side.

Attendee price should include enough to feed all staff and maybe deflate or pay for rooms. Again, less staff doing more and this is easily possible. And this is not to say that previous staff have been slackers.<G> Just that we had a bazillion staff last year and not everyone ( including mice elf ) really had much to do.

So, besides MCL and Skyway, who else is on our collective shit-list. I can't keep track.<G>

GZ

Captain.

I've once again over committed myself with too much stuff and I'm having to back away from some things. WFO and any part of it is one such thing.

I've asked Matt to design a Saddle Sore and HMarc as well can help. Matt is also willing and fully capable of RM'ing the ride in Moscow.

You'll need to find a new swag coordinator, but that shouldn't prove difficult.

Matt, feel free to ask me any questions about doing the ride if you have anything at all. I'm glad to help.

Take care ya'll.

GZ

So let's get this show on the road -
Who needs what to build the sign up pages?
We need a graphic for the web page similar to this? I'll ask our old source.....I may have to chuck him a hundred bucks.

In parallel Dale committed to updating the remainder of the web page (with input on schedule, menu, etc.) and have it up by the end of the month.

I've asked Matt to design a Saddle Sore and HMarc as well can help. Matt is also willing and fully capable of RM'ing the ride in Moscow.
I think I can take it on as well...as long as I combine the "S&M 1000" I was planning to offer as a separate PNW Saddle Sore some weeks earlier. This could mean we might have a dozen or so non-FJR folks participate in the ride part only....but I don't think that would be a problem. I think also I could tie it to our FJR friends at Desert Valley Powersport by making it a waypoint on a route.

I'll be talking to George and HMarc to see what we can swing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checking in here. Some of you know me and I am going to do the parking Nazi thing this year. I recieved years of Questionable training from MM2.

On another note. Last year at NAFO the idea of a bike wash was tossed around the parking lot and there seemed to be some interest so I asked the boss and he said to check it out. I contacted the hotel today and they are cool with it and we can use the same spot we did the last time we were there. I got a contact number for the lady in charge of the local swin team and am waiting for a reply. The idea would be to get people to pay either at registration time or just pay at the time of the wash. It would be cool if we could help some kids earn some travel money for their group and get bikes clean at the same time.

Any input is welcome.

Ray