Frank won't quit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radman

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
He's like a fuckin' Energizer Bunny. Got the hankerin for a new bike, don't need one, just would like one. 99% likely it would be a Frank II. But Frank I just refuses to give me a reason to dump his sorry ass. They don't start-all the threads about no start this and no start that-never with the ol' Frankster. Not once. They fall over, kickstand this and that. BS. Frank couldn't fall over if ya jimmy kicked him. They tick. Franks one of the good ones, only ticked when I set a couple intakes too loose. Bags fall off. Nope-once I got to work one bag short-was dark when I left, zoned, with one bag sittin' in the garage. Doh. Frank has 56k on him now, most I've ever put on a single machine. He's been the most reliable machine I've EVER owned, 2 or 4 wheeled. Been through rain, hail, snow, wind, heat, traffic, morons, racin', cruzin'- he's been wonderful mellow, he's been wonderful nutzo. But he won't piss me off! I keep hopin I can honestly tell the SO he's gotta go, too much trouble, gonna be bad. But the SOB just keeps trucking along, no issues, no drama. I need some advice from the whiners-how do you get these bikes to piss ya off? Really? There's an 09-10 with my name on it, I just knows it. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Take the wheels off an try an ride em? Douse em with gas and light a match??

Shit man I dunno.. :blink: Except for my recent neutral switch fallin out ,I've zero complaints meself..

Noobs? :eek:

:jester:

Coming up on 22k on my 05..Earl changes, final drive changes, tires, and that's it. Max RPM, low grunt torque pulls, clutchless shifts, peg scraping, and the occasional front end lift.

Not a single complaint, or hiccup.

05's rule!

The way you beat on Frank, I'm surprised he's not in pieces whimperin' in the corner of your garage. :wackosmiley:

Whatcha got to do, Rad, is piss ol' Frank off.

Go ooogle a newer Frankette bike while Frank is watching.

Stoke Frankette's gas tank lovingly.

Speak soft warm words of lust, not love.

Frank will then leave you stranded when you're fartherst away from home in the dark of night under a full foggy monsoon night. Guranteed!

:lol:

Ya know? When they customized the original Schwinn and made a two wheeled bicycle into a one wheeled uni-Cycle they tossed the handle bars, you could try that?

I'm just trying to help you and Frank out! :biggrinsmiley:

I got a starter I'll sell ya cheap . . . . .

Guaranteed to drain yer battery and leave ya lookin for a hill to coast down whenever ya stop for gas! :D

Hey Frank is just another guy who can't get enough of that "Rad-Love" and he will never let you leave him! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

When do you want to share a room again? :laughingsmiley: :laughingsmiley: :laughingsmiley:

Go get a smokin deal on a new Baby Frankie and keep Old Frankie in the shop for those special times. After your done with the farkles on Baby Frankie and riding both bikes your answer will come my son. :ph34r:

Clearly, this is symptomatic of a discomfort with receiving unconditional love.

Don't do it Rad, who else (machine, woman, man?) would have you?

Sell Frank and you'll regret it forever.

Shane

Try some of this!!!! It worked out good for that gixxer knob!!

I love Fridays!!! :rolleyes:

677be10a.jpg

Consider another perspective:

Do you know what you could buy with the mega-mondo-$$$ that you will save by NOT plunking down for a new bike?

Tires, baby. Tires.
bling_cool.gif

Heck Rad, you even brought ol Frank out to Reno in 06 and showed him off and now ya want to send him on down the road. Blasphemy I say.... just spruce him up and go out for a nice day ride, just you and Frank and the universe will once again be in alignment. It's amazing what a good ride will do.

While I haven't named my 06, I just call her "old girl", she is over-weight but she does dance light on her feet. I would never think of gitten rid of her. Flowback IMO is on to something though, if you get another bike, you now have a new riding partner along with Frank. And Frank will be nice and cozy at night with the new steed and won't mind a new friend. Just sayin. Good luck Rad. PM. <>< :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy, peasie....stop riding murdercycles. In your case.....schwinn might be a good idea.

I think I am going to cry. Sounded like reading an obituary for an old friend. Old reliable friends are hard to come by, hell for Radman and myself ANY friends are hard to come by. Don't do it man, Frank deserves better. Get Frank a companion bike. Then let Frank spend a few years mentoring the new bike on what it takes to go the distance. I am sure Frank would appreciate the opportunity to pass his knowledge on to a new young buck in the garage. Then when Frank can no longer get around you can put him up on a stand, put a TV in the garage, get him a few cans of fresh oil to suck on while he just watches the Speed Channel and remembers the good ole days.

He has earned it.

Jim and I are coming up on 70k. We both have 05's and there's never been an issue. We regularly maintain them, change all the fluids and stuff.

We were thinking of getting a newer model, but why?

We'll keep ours another season.....

Latest posts