• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GP Suspension 8th Annual FJR Forum Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GP Suspension

Reaction score
GP Suspension 8th Annual FJR Forum Group Buy
TWO WEEK BUY IN ONLY: November 20 - December 4th
Buy now, service when you’re ready
1469757_10153499171145103_1106069897_n.jpg
Back by popular demand, GP Suspension’s 8th annual FJR Forum group buy. GP Suspension is committed to providing superior motorcycle suspension products and unsurpassed customer service. All products are inspected and assembled in-house to ensure consistent quality and fast delivery. All GP Suspension products are rigorously tested at the racetrack by local racers and top national motorcycle road race teams, and are constantly refined to ensure that performance exceeds all expectations. GP Suspension currently offers a line of fork valving kits, shock valving kits, compression needles, fork and shocks springs, suspension tools and the very popular 25mm cartridge kit.​
WHAT IS OFFERED?

FORK UPGRADE: Complete and total overhaul and upgrade of our 48mm Soqi forks. GP Suspension Compression Kits, Rebound kits and Fork Springs. This will TRANSFORM the front end of your FJR to a staggering degree. Riding the bike after this upgrade is something that has to be experienced to appreciate. This is *THE* crown jewel of this Group Buy! For the do-it-yourself folks, you can obtain new GP Suspension fork springs at killer prices.​
ALL NEW FOR 2013!!! We are now offering our 25mm fork cartridge kit with upgraded fork caps for 2001-2013 models.
1426473_10153499184270103_183899527_n.jpg
FORK SERVICE: Already have an upgraded front end; forks service only is also included in this group buy.​
NEW SHOCK: Penske or Ohlins, your choice. Shocks will be fitted with a custom spring specific to your size and riding style. You may also purchase a custom shock spring separately if you already have an aftermarket shock.​
SHOCK SERVICE: Whether you have an Ohlins, Penske or Wilbers. Those of you with a Wilbers should absolutely consider letting GP Suspension upgrade your under-sprung or otherwise spent Wilbers. Overhaul includes new suspension fluid, nitrogen re-charge, new quad seals, etc. We will measure your spring rate to ensure it is in the correct range for your riding weight.​
Mix and Match any of these services, but remember, this is for:
TWO WEEKS BUY IN ONLY: November 20 - December 4th... so don't delay ordering, folks.
Fork Service
Labor $178​
Oil $24​
Fork Seals $24​
Chemicals/waste $10​
*Dust Seals, Bushings Additional​
________________________________________​
Retail $236 - Group Buy (Save $37) $199
GP Suspension Fork Upgrade Products:
25mm Fork Cartridge Kit with Upgraded Fork Caps – Retail $1299, Group Buy $1104 (Save $195)​
Rebound & Compression Fork Re-Valve Kit – Retail $340, Group Buy $289 (Save $51)​
Spring Buffers – Retail $20, Group Buy $17 (Save $3)​
Penske Shock Service
Shock Labor $178​
Shock Oil $12​
Nitrogen $10​
New O-Ring Seal $10​
Chemical/waste $10​
Retail $222 - Group Buy (Save $34) $188
Ohlins / Wilbers Shock Service
Shock Labor $178​
Shock Oil $12​
Nitrogen $10​
New Quad Seal $10​
New Dust Seal $10​
Chemical/waste $10​
Retail $230 - Group Buy (Save $35) $195
New Springs
Shock Spring Retail $115 - Group Buy $95 (Save $20)​
Fork Springs Retail $110 - Group Buy: $90 (Save $20)​
New Shock Upgrades
1468576_10153499202265103_1461211841_n.jpg
All shocks will be custom setup for your riding style and weight
Penske Reservoir Mount Kit Retail - $85, Group Buy $75 (Save $10)​
*Note: Freight is not included, and there will be a freight cost in and out on all shocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok then.....a question?

2013 fork upgrade/ rebuild. Excluding shipping both ways what is the total cost to redue the forks? And how do you get the fork without the bottom screw adjuster to work like the other fork??

Inquiring minds want to know, as that's alot of dough$$$$$
uhoh.gif

Ok then.....a question?
2013 fork upgrade/ rebuild. Excluding shipping both ways what is the total cost to redue the forks? And how do you get the fork without the bottom screw adjuster to work like the other fork??

uhoh.gif
Thanks for asking VMaxChuck

The 2013 has all the damping in one leg, thus the reason for only compression adjuster in the one lower leg, we have developed a re-valve kit for the damping leg combined with a spring kit for both legs.

We also offer a full 25mm cartridge kit upgrade that will separate the compression & rebound, the left leg is spring & compression and the right leg is spring & rebound, it moves all the adjustment to the billet fork caps - spring preload, compression and rebound are all at the top of the fork.

Without shipping the forks re-valved with springs are $595, 25mm kit is $1303

Or... I completely mis-read your post and you were referring to making the 2013 work like the 2012?

Could you explain what the advantages of the 25mm cartridges are for a gen2 bike please? And is it possible for a do-it-yourselfer to install these?

Could you explain what the advantages of the 25mm cartridges are for a gen2 bike please? And is it possible for a do-it-yourselfer to install these?
Our 25mm cartridge kit upgrade will separate the compression & rebound, the left leg is spring & compression and the right leg is spring & rebound, it moves all the adjustment to the billet fork caps - spring preload, compression and rebound are all at the top of the fork for ease of use and adjustment. You also get upgraded fork caps and cusom springs with our kit. The ultimate in front end upgrades and superior handling, the marque of GP Suspension products.
As far as installation, we recommend using an authorized GP Suspension service center.

Our 25mm cartridge kit upgrade will separate the compression & rebound, the left leg is spring & compression and the right leg is spring & rebound, it moves all the adjustment to the billet fork caps - spring preload, compression and rebound are all at the top of the fork for ease of use and adjustment. You also get upgraded fork caps and cusom springs with our kit. The ultimate in front end upgrades and superior handling, the marque of GP Suspension products.As far as installation, we recommend using an authorized GP Suspension service center.

Considering fork and shock service on my '05, which were previously upgraded by GP Suspension components / Ohlins. Are you offering "ride in" arrangements for service under this "buy in"? Pricing?

FYI... I think you made a typo on the group buy price of the fork springs. Should be $90 (I think).
Opps! Thank you, we will fix that
fool.gif

Considering fork and shock service on my '05, which were previously upgraded by GP Suspension components / Ohlins. Are you offering "ride in" arrangements for service under this "buy in"? Pricing?
Yes, we do offer ride in appointments. You can purchase your service through the group buy, and then we can schedule the service anytime by calling or emailing the shop.

Ok then.....a question?

uhoh.gif
Thanks for asking VMaxChuck

The 2013 has all the damping in one leg, thus the reason for only compression adjuster in the one lower leg, we have developed a re-valve kit for the damping leg combined with a spring kit for both legs.

We also offer a full 25mm cartridge kit upgrade that will separate the compression & rebound, the left leg is spring & compression and the right leg is spring & rebound, it moves all the adjustment to the billet fork caps - spring preload, compression and rebound are all at the top of the fork.

Without shipping the forks re-valved with springs are $595, 25mm kit is $1303

Or... I completely mis-read your post and you were referring to making the 2013 work like the 2012?
OK....further questions?

For $595.00, not including shipping you revalve, compression and rebound the one fork, springs for both and seals and labor? How much better then 2013 stock is this option? I have an Ohlins 707 shock on the back already and wow what a difference that made!

Just alot easier thinking of spending $600.00 vs. $1,300.00! And these are group buy prices?

Again, inquiring minds still want to know....more!

Thanks again, Chuck
bike.gif

I'm really torn now on which way to go with my fork upgrade...
That why he typed this:

FORK UPGRADE: Complete and total overhaul and upgrade of our 48mm Soqi forks. GP Suspension Compression Kits, Rebound kits and Fork Springs. This will TRANSFORM the front end of your FJR to a staggering degree.

I had this done in about 2006 to my 2005 that had about 40,000 miles and absolutely concur with that assessment. While I did the rear shock first--it wasn't until I bit the bullet and did the front end (yes, it was a big wad of cash) that I was really satisfied with the suspension. 180,000 miles later on that same set of front fork upgrades--it's about time for another refresh.

I'm really torn now on which way to go with my fork upgrade...
That why he typed this:

FORK UPGRADE: Complete and total overhaul and upgrade of our 48mm Soqi forks. GP Suspension Compression Kits, Rebound kits and Fork Springs. This will TRANSFORM the front end of your FJR to a staggering degree.

I had this done in about 2006 to my 2005 that had about 40,000 miles and absolutely concur with that assessment. While I did the rear shock first--it wasn't until I bit the bullet and did the front end (yes, it was a big wad of cash) that I was really satisfied with the suspension. 180,000 miles later on that same set of front fork upgrades--it's about time for another refresh.
I absolutely agree, and I'll go with one of their upgrade options, but this year they added the 25mm cartridge/split dampening option that has me VERY curious.

Latest posts