• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GP Suspension 9th Annual FJR Forum Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Chunk, I did the same thing... I figure once in a lifetime one can 'pamper' themselves. I went for the whole thing! I'm telling myself, "It's a safety thing!"
rolleyes.gif
I ride more cautiously, now as I approach 70, but this is something I've thought about for years. I only put 5,000 miles on my '13 so far, but what the heck, I can't take it with me.
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Alabama is unusually warm and clear today. Great day for a ride except my forks are traveling to Washington...

Last Chance,

Your post gave me a good laugh. When I told my wife I signed up for a full suspension upgrade she looked me right in the eye and said, "Let me guess, it's safety related, right?" I might have used that one once too often!

BigChunk

Sooooooo.... I had an on-site visit to our favorite suspension shop in Auburn, Washington today... brought them some neglected Gen III forks to overhaul.

GPSuspensionStore.png

Owner Barry "The Wizard" Wressell uncovered some nasty, gnarley internals from the Gen III forks.... bleech!

oldInternals.png

Barry does his magic to the forks, and I am ready to take these beauties back to the Columbia Basin to install.

forkService.png

Look for a more comprehensive report when I get a chance to write it up!

THANKS TO APRIL AND BERRY for taking care of me! Youse guys simply
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif

Thanks for the pics! My forks should have arrived there today, it's nice to see the shop and the good folks who are doing the work!

CJ

Thanks for the pics! My forks should have arrived there today
My Gen III forks are on the far right; a couple sets of Gen 2 forks await in the work queue on the far left. Other forks belong to racebikes:

ForksWaiting.jpg

it's nice to see the shop and the good folks who are doing the work! CJ

Yep, they keep their storefront as clean and tidy as their workshops:

shopwaitroom.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone only purchased the springs and kept everything else OEM? Is there a big difference in that approach as far as before and after?

Anyone only purchased the springs and kept everything else OEM? Is there a big difference in that approach as far as before and after?
I did the springs with the wilburs buy a long time ago and noticed an improvement.

Not nearly as good as GP set up though.