• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Helmet Lock Brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick note re the 2013, RIGHT SIDE double outlet bracket. In the original design, the bracket uses a bolt and nut to clamp around the frame.

The issue with the double outlet for the 2013, is that the retaining nut competes for space with the new "U" rear brake line retainer.

I now make a double outlet that does NOT use a retainer nut, but tap the inner part of the bracket with threads, so that he bracket can be slide forward slightly clearing both the rear pillion peg and to the rear of the dreaded "U" hook. These are in stock.

The ABOVE BRACKET (no price difference) is now in stock. If ordering this bracket for a 2013 model, PLEASE specify 2013 on the order form so I can ship the threaded, double outlet RS bracket.

Scott

RSnooutlet.jpg

RSdoubleoutlet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have produced several right side, double outlet, lock brackets with threads on the inside of the bracket.

This eliminates the space issues for the securring nut.

Got it, thanks. Will mail check tomorrow. Thanks for the quick reply, because I'm tired of carrying my helmet!
confusedsmiley.png

Sending you a PM Scott.....

................ because I'm tired of carrying my helmet!
confusedsmiley.png
Just got it. If you can e-mail me direct @ [email protected] directly and mention FJR and the year bike in the header please.

I can e-mail you back options, pic's etc. Thanks, Scott

Some pic's for the Gen l, without and with a LS BMW style outlet as well as the right side:

GenIRS.jpg

P1010046.jpg

Due to the increase in demand for the Gen III helmet brackets, below are the latest pictures for this model (additional BMW style, up to two, are available for each side as well:

RSwithcovernooutlet3_zps459e1e53.jpg

LSinstalledNOoutlet12_zpsd3744b58.jpg

1LSsingleoutletinstalled_zpsc2ae98a5.jpg

LSwithhelmet_zpsd244d526.jpg

Summer shipping special!!For May, 2013 ONLY, I'm offering FREE SHIPPING IN BOTH THE United States and Canada on ALL orders.

All order forms must be post marked THIS MONTH. Please e-mail me direct @ [email protected] for further info, pic's and order form.

PLEASE MENTION IN THE HEADER "FJR Helmet Lock bracket and the YEAR BIKE" as the Gen I bikes are different from the Gen II bikes.

Scott

Summer shipping special!!For May, 2013 ONLY, I'm offering FREE SHIPPING IN BOTH THE United States and Canada on ALL orders.
All order forms must be post marked THIS MONTH. Please e-mail me direct @ [email protected] for further info, pic's and order form.

PLEASE MENTION IN THE HEADER "FJR Helmet Lock bracket and the YEAR BIKE" as the Gen I bikes are different from the Gen II bikes.

Scott
Just a friendly reminder, ALL ORDERS MUST be post marked by May 31st 2013 to receive FREE SHIPPING in the US and Canada.

Note: The next free shipping offer likely won't be until Novemeber or December 2013.

A customer brought to my attention the Yamaha part # for the helmet lock assembly has changed slightly.

Your FJR key will still fit the assembly (after re-keying).

The NEW part # is: 26H-21308-01-00

A customer brought to my attention the Yamaha part # for the helmet lock assembly has changed slightly.

Or you can do as I did: I rode to a BMW dealer with an aftermarket spare key and bought a Helmet Guardian after making sure the key would go into the locks. Cost? $49 for two, with the mount plate tho I chose your brackets for mounting instead. And believe it or not I was fortunate enough to find that not only would the key go in but with a little jiggling it would open the locks so very minor cam modification in the locks was necessary.

Or you can do as I did: I rode to a BMW dealer with an aftermarket spare key and bought a Helmet Guardian after making sure the key would go into the locks. Cost? $49 for two, with the mount plate tho I chose your brackets for mounting instead. And believe it or not I was fortunate enough to find that not only would the key go in but with a little jiggling it would open the locks so very minor cam modification in the locks was necessary.

On my 04, I had HG's on it.

I found a set at Deals Gap back in 2004, tried my key and it fit. The rest is history. The HG comes with ONE OFFSET or the OTHER. One will NOT WORK with the FJR Key. Unless you physically try it, its a 50/50 shot at getting the correct one.

Most shops don't carry the HG in stock so this is again a 50/50 shot. Some folks wanted a part that WILL definitly fit with their Yamaha key, this part # DOES..

It was posted as an FYI for the folks who only needed one or didn't want to take a chance getting the wrong HG..

Also FYI for the folks looking into this add-on, here is Harald's thread showing how to fix the HG lock tumblers to fit their key. I've never seen the Yamaha one but I can't imagine it being too far off from using the same instructions. Maybe some kind soul will post up differences for us.

2014 ES left side model request..

From looking at pictures on the interenet and several sent to me from a fellow forum member. It APPEARS the right side and left side subframes on the standard version hasn't changed (where my Helmet lock brackets bolt to)from the 2013 model.

The ES version, left side, different story. The seat lock has been moved farther back and there's some sort of steel object I need to work around.

I currently have feelers out to the local shops when / if they get a 2014 model (would be a big help).

I would prefer to have a 2014 model in my garage to work around that modded left subframe.

Request,

ANYONE, in SW Florida, or south Florida with an ES, willing to help out? It shouldn't take but a couple of hours. I'd GIVE a set of brackets for their time (and to take some pictures for diections). The 2013 left side bracket may fit, but I need to know before putting them on the market.. (I strongly suspect the left side have to be re-designed for the ES).

Any takers, please PM me.. Thanks, Scott

Ok Guys (and gals).

With the help of member Art Miller, we have confirmed the RIGHT SIDE bracket for the 2013 will fit ALL 2014 MODELS.

For the LEFT SIDE, the ES MODEL ONLY, (with the new shock hardware), the CURRENT Left Side helmet lock bracket will NOT FIT the 2014 model

The STANDARD 2014, LEFT SIDE should be same as the '13 however I have yet to confirm that.

Another member is also helping with checking the fitment of an alternate, LOCK ONLY bracket of the ES version (similar to the Gen I), more to follow.

Some pic's of Arts 2014 bike (thank you Art!) (notice the black colered lower tank plastic too!):

After a month or so with MUCH help of another 2014 ES owner (and alot of shipping protoypes for test fitting), we have come up with a left side LOCK BRACKET ONLY (NO electrical outlets).

It resides at about the location as the previous helmet lock brackets..(see below pic).

We are still working out some bugs, re electrical connectors on the Dual, RIGHT SIDE, outlet bracket (space issues with the electronic rear shock).

Once that's sorted, ES left side brackets will be available. I will post when their available.

BTW, with the simpler design, i was able to cut the cost down some to $24.00 (plus shipping).