• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Helmet Lock Brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you...
smile.png

It was a bulging disc in the neck. I couldn't put on a helmet without the right arm going numb IMMEDIATLY. Did I say how much I hate neck braces!!

Needless to say, I'm not supposed to lift anything heavier than 5 lbs, swing a hammer, etc since the surgery. A major PIA as the wether is prime down here and the bike is collecting dust (and more orders than usual are coming in)

And the 2015 FJR guys are keeping me busy big time...

Ride safe guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes speedy recovery

Installed the brackets on the ES today.. Left side was a breeze... Right side was a Bitch !!

If you can have and extra hand for this it'll be helpful... Bend the bracket that holds the hose helps. But it's a tight squeeze on the hands to get a wrench on the nut n bracket and turning in the Allen screw gets to be a handful... Got it by myself but it was challenging.

Can't be without them anymore... Great addition to the FJR, next up PAIR PLATES...

Yes speedy recovery
Installed the brackets on the ES today.. Left side was a breeze... Right side was a Bitch !!

If you can have and extra hand for this it'll be helpful... Bend the bracket that holds the hose helps. But it's a tight squeeze on the hands to get a wrench on the nut n bracket and turning in the Allen screw gets to be a handful... Got it by myself but it was challenging.

Can't be without them anymore... Great addition to the FJR, next up PAIR PLATES...
Thank you...

Yepper Parick its tight in there, certainly NOT like the Gen 1.

So tight, I can't get a double outlet on that side, lots of ABS lInes, etc.

And yes, a second hand to hold down the bracket, hold the lock as you tighten definitly helps.....

Actually, as the years have gone by, its gotten tighter in there but the right side bracket has remained the same (Gen II and III)..Left side too short of the ES model.. :)

Glad you got em on, now go enjoy them!!! Thanks again!

^ this helps tremendously!

Scott, all the best in getting better. Don't rush the recovery though, you most likely won't like the result.

Happy and prosperous New Year!

Just an important side note for ES customers.

For the left side ES model bracket, I have been told some folks are adding a nut to the assembly. This is NOT necessary and may (with the extra lenth(NOT designed) may cause damage to the rear shock line (Located on the left side of the bike directly behind the bracket).

PLEASE just use "locktite red" on the threads(as in the directions).

The threaded aluminum bracket WILL NOT strip out when tightened down fully with the lock..

Last year I bought the right lock cylinder for this so I could re-key it to match what I had. Of course it got lost in the mess and only found it towards the end of the season. Before I go any further (don't want to rush these things you know), I believe I read somewhere that the needed Gen I key/cylinder is not the same as for the Gen III? Anyone know if this is correct? In other words would I have to order a different lock cylinder than the new one I have now if I wanted to use it on a Gen III and re-key to that Gen III key?

Last year I bought the right lock cylinder for this so I could re-key it to match what I had. Of course it got lost in the mess and only found it towards the end of the season. Before I go any further (don't want to rush these things you know), I believe I read somewhere that the needed Gen I key/cylinder is not the same as for the Gen III? Anyone know if this is correct? In other words would I have to order a different lock cylinder than the new one I have now if I wanted to use it on a Gen III and re-key to that Gen III key?
Should be the same... I've handed out that part # for years, hasn't been an issue.

Part # 26H-21308-01-00

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, thanks Gerald, enjoy!!

Should be the same... I've handed out that part # for years, hasn't been an issue.

Part # 26H-21308-01-00

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, thanks Gerald, enjoy!!
Ah, poor wording on my part. Sorry. Was referring to the slot or channel (offset?) of the key that comes with this which needed to be the same as the OEM key. I'm under the impression that all (?) Gen I keys had the slot on a certain side but thought I read somewhere that the Gen III keys would have the slot/channel on the opposite side. Was curious if that was true.

"Ah, poor wording on my part. Sorry. Was referring to the slot or channel (offset?) of the key that comes with this which needed to be the same as the OEM key. I'm under the impression that all (?) Gen I keys had the slot on a certain side but thought I read somewhere that the Gen III keys would have the slot/channel on the opposite side. Was curious if that was true."

No problem but it still should be the same.

Helmet Guardian lock assemblies come with one off set or the other (look the same as the Yamaha assemly).

Other Yamaha lock assembies DO HAVE the opposite offset.

Bottom line;

**If you have a lock that the Gen 1 key fit, it should be fine with the newer models*

Updated Contact info..

Occasionally, I'm contacted by members and their NOT recieving my response via e-mail (for some reason). I do check spam, etc (that's where all contact e-mails go to).

Should you not hear back, please leave a phone # in the e-mail (or PM me, PM's forward to me)

Attn Rich F...

Thanks, Scott

Regular e-mail contact address: [email protected]