Hey all you okies going to SFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockiesRider

Livin la buena vida!!!
Reaction score
I know this is ride planning, but it does have to do with SFO too.

This is an open invite. However I thought I would start with the okies.

The ride below is what I have planned for Friday. It is included in twistedcricket's files.

It's 335 miles, but there should be plenty of time for a few 10 -15 min. breaks and a lunch hour as long as we're KSU by 0800.

Should be back around 1600 - 1700. Which is plenty of time for a nap before dinner

It includes Hwy 123, Push MTN and Lead Hill.

PushMTN.jpg

The plan for Saturday is the one below.

It's 200 miles. We don't need to leave near as early to get back in time for a nap.

We can discuss what time to leave on Friday.

Shortloop.jpg

Sound good, any takers?

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds like a great ride!

I would probably meet you in Lead Hill and continue with yall. :yahoo:

I met okierider this weekend and he convinced me that this if a good ride and that even I should be able to keep up. But then, what does he really know. He has never seen me in the twisties. But I am game if the rest of you think you will be able to put up with me. I am looking forward to it.

I met okierider this weekend and he convinced me that this if a good ride and that even I should be able to keep up. But then, what does he really know. He has never seen me in the twisties. But I am game if the rest of you think you will be able to put up with me. I am looking forward to it.
What does an okie know about twisties? :haha: I remember thinking that the very first time i met Petey. :D That boy is probably the BEST rider i have ever seen!

I know this is ride planning, but it does have to do with SFO too.
This is an open invite. However I thought I would start with the okies.

The ride below is what I have planned for Friday. It is included in twistedcricket's files.

It's 335 miles, but there should be plenty of time for a few 10 -15 min. breaks and a lunch hour as long as we're KSU by 0800.

Should be back around 1600 - 1700. Which is plenty of time for a nap before dinner

It includes Hwy 123, Push MTN and Lead Hill.

PushMTN.jpg

The plan for Saturday is the one below.

It's 200 miles. We don't need to leave near as early to get back in time for a nap.

We can discuss what time to leave on Friday.

Shortloop.jpg

Sound good, any takers?
Hey Okierider

Your Friday ride looks really good. One thing you may want to consider, going into Mt. Home with even a small group of riders will attract unwanted attention from LEO's. They are notorious for spotting groups of riders heading over to PUSH, follow from behind, and bam!

The best solution IMO, at Yellville stay on 14, go through Big Flat, then take 341 (PUSH) north. When you get to the other end of Push, turn around and ride it back (its well worth it).

Or if you do go on through Mt Home, stop at the bridge on 341, wait for a bit before you take off.

Saturdays loop on 43 and 206, will take you close to Harrison and (by Arkansas standards) more populated areas. Its scenic and all, and may be what your looking for, but its not premium twisty.

Just tryin to help :)

I'll have some extra maps Thursday when I get there, if you need one.

Hey Okierider

Your Friday ride looks really good. One thing you may want to consider, going into Mt. Home with even a small group of riders will attract unwanted attention from LEO's. They are notorious for spotting groups of riders heading over to PUSH, follow from behind, and bam!

The best solution IMO, at Yellville stay on 14, go through Big Flat, then take 341 (PUSH) north. When you get to the other end of Push, turn around and ride it back (its well worth it).

Or if you do go on through Mt Home, stop at the bridge on 341, wait for a bit before you take off.

Saturdays loop on 43 and 206, will take you close to Harrison and (by Arkansas standards) more populated areas. Its scenic and all, and may be what your looking for, but its not premium twisty.

Just tryin to help :)

I'll have some extra maps Thursday when I get there, if you need one.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the advice. We'll keep an eye out.

Robert

I should have posting these this way...sorry.

This way it shows the direction of the rides.

On Friday we will be doing 123 early in the day while we're still fresh.

Also, we will be going to Push MTN. from the south before we get to MTN. Home.

For those of you that have been asking to include the ferry ride across Bull Shoals Lake.

Since it's so late in the ride we can make that decision when we get close to it depending on how tired we are.

Friday Ride.

SFOFridayroute.jpg

We are going to cut off of Highway 7 on 206 well outside Harrison's populated areas.

Also, the plan is to stop at either Cliff House Inn, The Ozark Cafe or The HUB.

Just depends on how everyone feels and how hungry you all are.

Saturday Ride

SFOSaturdayride.jpg

Again, all these can be cut short for those that want to.

There will be extra maps around too.

See you folks there and this is going to be a blast.

Thanks

Robert

P.S. I'm over in that area a dozen or more times a year. So if you have any questions...ask away.

You might want to drop 123 from the list... A friend rode it recently and said it was in horrible shape with the clean up from the ice storms we had.

Just passing it along. :)

You might want to drop 123 from the list... A friend rode it recently and said it was in horrible shape with the clean up from the ice storms we had.
Just passing it along. :)
Interesting... a friend (timalan) rode it today on the way home from MTN. Home and said nothing about it being jacked up.

Interesting indeed.

2 credible peeps providing contradicting information...

I guess we shall find out for ourselves first hand next weekend! :D

Brian and I are real interested in signing up and it's our Plan A

I'm an old rider and Brian is a sedate rider, but we're flexible and tolerant; hopefully ya'll are to

Brian rides a Yammy VStar 1300 Cruiser

I have a CB if anyone wants to talk or use the lead/tail gunner communication method

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'

Brian and I are real interested in signing up and it's our Plan A
I'm an old rider and Brian is a sedate rider, but we're flexible and tolerant; hopefully ya'll are to

Brian rides a Yammy VStar 1300 Cruiser

I have a CB if anyone wants to talk or use the lead/tail gunner communication method

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'
We'll be glad to have you along. Most all of us are tolerant, I think.

I have one of those fandangled CBs too, so this will be great.