Hiway 50/89 Tahoe Sighting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biknflyfisher

Reaction score
While my dad and I were taking a stretch Sunday morning at the Hiway 50/89 junction, I spotted another 2007 like mine heading South on 89 up the road towards Luther Pass with a group of 5 or 6 bikes.

We had made a trip up 49 to Placerville spending the night there, then on to Tahoe on 50, to 89 over Monitor Pass to 395, then home through Yosemite. Also saw a couple of feejers in Yosemite.

Tons of bikes everywhere heading out of Reno after Street Vibes.

biknflyfisher

While my dad and I were taking a stretch Sunday morning at the Hiway 50/89 junction, I spotted another 2007 like mine heading South on 89 up the road towards Luther Pass with a group of 5 or 6 bikes.We had made a trip up 49 to Placerville spending the night there, then on to Tahoe on 50, to 89 over Monitor Pass to 395, then home through Yosemite. Also saw a couple of feejers in Yosemite.

biknflyfisher
Ya could be talking about me. I was there then. Didn't intend to be in a group, we just got joined up. It was a slow trip south on 89 on the west side of Lake Tahoe as there was a marathon going on. We actually missed our turn and had to turn around as we had come up from Kirkwood on Saturday and wanted to go down Hwy 50 to 49. Great ride--just a tad hot in the valley, but nothing compared to the 114 degrees we encountered in Angel's Camp about a month ago. I just love being able to report the temperature to my fearless leader who rides a Harley--no instruments.

Hi CG2:

Couldn't have been you - the bike I waved at was the Black Cherry color unique to 2007 (the REALLY fast year) just like mine. However, I'm glad you had a great ride though. On that Sunday, we saw temps in the low 50's in the morning, and I had 104 degrees showing as we dropped down hiway 41 from Coarsegold to Fresno.

We took 49 from Oakhurst to Placerville on Saturday and spent the night there.

See ya on the road.

biknflyfisher

While my dad and I were taking a stretch Sunday morning at the Hiway 50/89 junction, I spotted another 2007 like mine heading South on 89 up the road towards Luther Pass with a group of 5 or 6 bikes.We had made a trip up 49 to Placerville spending the night there, then on to Tahoe on 50, to 89 over Monitor Pass to 395, then home through Yosemite. Also saw a couple of feejers in Yosemite.

biknflyfisher
I was at the street vib thing - and some friends (on HD) and I took that ride. I saw two bikes an FJR and a wing (I think) We both waved at the same time as you took your strech. OH! good eyes, 6 bikes + me. If that was you hope you and your father had a great time.

Take care,

moto

Latest posts