Ignition fix

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People...It looks like my parts came in from Eastern Beaver yesterday, Post office had trouble delivering it, I get to go downtown tomorrow to pick them up.

I plan to start the second build this weekend. Build quantity will be 50 units this time around. I count 39 on the list.

clicky

If you are on the fence, put your name down.

Brodie

Brian, were going to have to do a root bear and pie run. Soon!

Shifter125, mine is an '08, and my name appears to be first on Brodie's next build. I decided to go for it, because although my bike just passed 2,600 miles (yeah, yeah, I know guys; don't rag on me. . . I live in the Pacific NW, and have 4 animals that depend on me for their food, so I'm NOT footloose and fancy free! :) ), I decided that my luck, which is not the best, pretty well set me up for a "preemptive strike". . . One of those "better safe than sorry" things. . . That same philosophy paid off when I put the frame sliders on, and that DID pay off!

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 with beacher!

basically a brand new 08 with less than 600 miles but want to minimize the chance of the ignition failure as much as possible.

this thing gets used for mile munching and i don't want to be stranded anymore than absolutely needed.

I realize this explanation above is not probably necessary for most folks but being a VINTAGE Rider, I offer it as possible installation assistance. Thanks Brodie for a great product.
Yo TurboDave Dude, you are da man! Brodie is OK too! :D

When I get my second shipment order from Brodie, I will also say "Live is Good"! :clapping:

Let's ALL live it! :yahoo:

PS. Hey Brodie, "if" there's any way I can help out with the distribution or whatever (?), Gimme a PM

Brodie - Put me down for one ASAP!!!

My bike just got back from the shop ----> new ignition switch.

It sucks to be toolin' down the road - flicking by cars at will - and all of a sudden :eek: looking for a place to land without crashing! Very freaky type of breakdown!!

Brodie,

Add me to your list too please!

Let me know how / where to send $$$!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Shane

Thanks Brodie for an excellent DIY post on this ignition relay fix... I was not having any problems but installed the fix this morning..

Hamie

Good morning people, The second group of 50 units are ready to ship, sorry for the delay.

I did make it before the end of the year.
:rolleyes:
According to the list there are a few units still available. Da List

I plan to make a third run early in the year. This third run I plan to sell on eBay with a substantially higher buy it now price, however, FJRForum members will still enjoy the same price - $50 plus shipping.

And now some housekeeping...

Niehart, make some room in your mailbox, it's full.

Everybody, please make sure you add your FJRForum member name to the comment section when going through PayPal, it makes it easier to keep da list up to date.

Thanks

[SIZE=12pt]Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good ride! :bike: [/SIZE]

Brodie

Paypal sent this morning for my second one to put in my friend's '06. Thanks again for all the hard work, and all the best for the holiday season. Chris.

Done deal, Brodie; just got finished at Paypal! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas & New Year. One more grateful customer; thanks for the work!

Sent payment via PayPal, Thanks

HJHFJR

Good morning people, The second group of 50 units are ready to ship, sorry for the delay.
I did make it before the end of the year.
:rolleyes:
According to the list there are a few units still available. Da List

I plan to make a third run early in the year. This third run I plan to sell on eBay with a substantially higher buy it now price, however, FJRForum members will still enjoy the same price - $50 plus shipping.

And now some housekeeping...

Niehart, make some room in your mailbox, it's full.

Everybody, please make sure you add your FJRForum member name to the comment section when going through PayPal, it makes it easier to keep da list up to date.

Thanks

[SIZE=12pt]Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good ride! :bike: [/SIZE]

Brodie

Brodie,

Thank you for the great farkle and service to the FJR community - PayPal sent.

Forum name: JAMESK