• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Knifemaker Passenger Floorboardst

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if these will fit on a Gen III?

Thanks all

Yes, I still make them but none of the 2013 owners have ordered any yet. I have a set ready if you want to try. See post #116 for the details. If knifemaker is still around he might want to cut and paste the details to post #1 for me. Might save him some headaches of folks asking. I know he sold his FJR and is riding another bike of some sort. I think he still visits ocasionally.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if these will fit on a Gen III?Thanks all
I can't imagine why they wouldn't.

If you want, you could check the parts fiches between the 2013 and the 2012...
I am not sure if the 2013 fiche is up yet. I seem to recall trying to find the info a couple of months ago but it wasn't available at the time. Maybe it is now.

Dave

Hey Dave,

Just wanted to say Thanks! My fiance caught up to us flying into Bozeman and her first long day in the saddle was 566 miles including Sturgis on Day 1. By the end of that day she was trying to figure out how long it was to ride here and there...long story short I didn't leave the bike in VA and fly back. I rode back to So.Cal., so slapping those puppy's on definitely did the trick as she was very comfortable!

Kudos Bro',

Tony

PM sent Dave! I am very interested in a set of passenger floorboards. My girlfriend will be very thankful!

Brenda saw these this weekend....so I just sent you a paypal....I believe that I now have everything you make for the FJR except the kickstand thingie.....

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Dave,
I'm going to get these:

https://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_5&products_id=31

and was wondering if the floorboards would work with them, or if you see potential that they will hit the exhaust?
I am pretty sure folks have used the lowering brackets along with the flooboards. Last I new the lowering brackets were not available or on backorder for eons. You may have to go to another vendor. The other vendor for lowering pegs is across the pond if I remember correctly. If only I had more time. These are not that hard to make.

Dave

Dave,
I'm going to get these:

https://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_5&products_id=31

and was wondering if the floorboards would work with them, or if you see potential that they will hit the exhaust?
I am pretty sure folks have used the lowering brackets along with the flooboards. Last I new the lowering brackets were not available or on backorder for eons. You may have to go to another vendor. The other vendor for lowering pegs is across the pond if I remember correctly. If only I had more time. These are not that hard to make.

Dave
My wife used to complain of knee issues in one of her knees. I was going to get the lowering brackets along with the floorboards to alleviate that issue.

A wise one on this board (huron52) suggested trying first with the floorboards only.

That worked, and there was no need for the lowering brackets.

Thanks Tom for the advice... and Dave for the excellent floorboards. Helped make those longer two-up trips a breeze with wifey.

Good idea. I am still waiting to hear from MCL to see if they even have the lowering brackets in stock. Always easier to add the brackets (if needed) than spending the money and finding out it was not necessary!