• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Knifemaker Passenger Floorboardst

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, Pam just loves the floorboards I put on my bike. Allows her to move her feet around without the feel that her feet are going to catch on someting spinning. She still does hang her feet out past the boards sometimes to help her knees/legs.

My suggestion is buy the floorboards and see how she likes them , then go from there.

Excellent advice there Tom. Thanks for posting up buddy! :clapping:

I've sent Dave PMs and emails a couple days ago but no response...

Hope nothing bad has happened. I'm sure he's just real busy at life or something...

My wife loves the floorboards. Just being able to move her legs makes big difference to knee. The only difficulty in the installation was getting the old pads off, stripped one screw head and so that took awhile.
angry.gif

We have the peg lowering kit with the floorboard and it made all the difference! Well done Sir.

My wife loves the floorboards. Just being able to move her legs makes big difference to knee. The only difficulty in the installation was getting the old pads off, stripped one screw head and so that took awhile.
angry.gif
How long does the install typically take to do?

angry.gif
How long does the install typically take to do?
Well it took me a whole 30 minutes. But 15 was spent on one screw. Those of you who are mechanically inclined may be faster.

Well it took me a whole 30 minutes. But 15 was spent on one screw. Those of you who are mechanically inclined may be faster.
Yeah, 15 minutes for a couple of beers, 15 minutes deciding which is left and which is right after a couple more beers, then 5 minutes each side to actually install. I know!

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's gonna take me longer...the phillips head screw was frozen tight.
A couple taps with that hammer would of helped you know. :D You can have the wife stand on the pegs while trying to take them out. she can hold your beer while your down there workin.

:drinks:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought a pair for the wife. Installation was a snap. First ride she was sold. Said she felt more stable and more comfortable.

Just in time to head out on vacation!

Excellent product!

Hi. I am still getting emails on these. At this time 08FJR4ME's , AKA: Dave, is still the one to contact for this product. See his post here:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=12495&st=100&p=708714entry708714

At some point later this year I may return making these, but my feeling is Dave has a better set up to produce them and I likely will not personally go back to production....

Thanks to all that have given positive feedback on what was really just a simple design idea that I had transferred to the FJR model.

Knifemaker