Looking for good roads around Savannah, ga

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR1300Mark

Reaction score
I"m riding to Savannah GA from Virginia Beach, va this friday and I"m looking for some good roads and or places of interest around Savannah.

I'll be there for Sat and Sun before I head back to Virginia Beach so I"m hoping to find some neat rides while I'm there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

I don't know of any really good rides around the Savannah area. It is a town I love to visit ( more great restaurants that the law allows ) as it offers a lot to do. The town is full of significant art galleries and antique shops. The roads around it, however, lack any excitement. About the best you can do is get to see some of the marsh and coastal views that are indigenous to the area. Rides around, and through, the town itself will expose some of the most beautiful parks and most interesting architecture you will ever see.

Savannah while a beautiful city with many tree lined streets it is not a lot of fun on the fjr. And be very careful if you ride down to the riverfront in the city section. It has large cobble stones and rail road tracks and it is steep coming down from the city streets.

Better to park on top and walk down. I made it but the bike behind me did not.

The ride out to Tybee Island you will find fort palaski.

https://roadsidegeorgia.com/site/fort_pulaski.html

it is worth the stop, particulary if they are shooting the cannons.

They shot of two of them and I am glad I was not in the fort while it was shelling or being shelled.

Tybee Island was quaint for a beach town, and rather small. The road stopped about 3 miles after you got into town.

The better ride of the weekend was down 17 to St Simons Island.

The fort and St Simons Island for lunch made the trip.