Michelin PR 2s

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chivvalry

Reaction score
If I had really KNOWN how good these tires feel baby would have gotten a new pair of shoes long ago... They are SO much better than those crappy metzs.

i have a 2 on back and a 3 on front and it does make a little difference in the rainbut i love the 2 and will probly run a full set over the 3 in the future

I love the PR2's but after this afternoon I am a little bullshit with them. Rear went on 2 weeks ago no problem at all. Tonight after a couple of hours struggling trying to get the dam thing to seat I gave up. I even had the little woman out in the garage helping me. Now I have the old tire back on and can maybe get another 2K out of it with local driving. I think this one is going back to the dealer for another one. The shape of the tire is kinda weird. One half is wide and the other half is narrow. You can really see it when it is on the rim. And No I wasn't going to try the hairspray trick.

GRRRRRRRRH! :angry:

Dave

If I had really KNOWN how good these tires feel baby would have gotten a new pair of shoes long ago... They are SO much better than those crappy metzs.
And they kick ass over the BT23... at least when it comes to wear. The rear BT23 that was new when I bought my FJR is 80% gone after 4K. Yikes!

Who is Zoe?

:ph34r:
My bike... but here's the inspiration...

zooey_deschanel_1920_1200_jan232010-500x315.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the PR2's but after this afternoon I am a little bullshit with them. Rear went on 2 weeks ago no problem at all. Tonight after a couple of hours struggling trying to get the dam thing to seat I gave up. I even had the little woman out in the garage helping me. Now I have the old tire back on and can maybe get another 2K out of it with local driving. I think this one is going back to the dealer for another one. The shape of the tire is kinda weird. One half is wide and the other half is narrow. You can really see it when it is on the rim. And No I wasn't going to try the hairspray trick.

GRRRRRRRRH! :angry:

Dave
Yeah, Dave. The last couple of PR2 fronts I've helped to put on bikes (MEM's and ionbeam's) we had problems getting the beads to seat on those too. The earlier ones weren't a problem. I think what happened was the tires were all stacked up in some hot warehouse and they took a set, so now the beads don't want to spread out enough to hit the rims.

Definitely need a high volume air compressor and try running a ratchet strap around the outer tire tread circumference to try and get the beads to flair out some.