Mirror Extensions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've looked at the SW Mototech mirror extension topic on this forum. Great source, but nothing appears recent. They're actually hard to find these days, especially in Canada. Does anyone have any links to online sites (U.S. and CA sites) that still carry them? Are there other mirror extension brands worth looking at?
Your advice is welcome

I tried the extensions and found that the FZ1 mirrors were a much better choice. Get the real ones from Yamaha, the Chinese knockoffs don't fold.

If you really want the Motech ones, I think I still have them in my giant box of FJR parts in the shop. I can look for them if you are interested, send me a message.

The sw motech extenders are superb. If they worked with my clearwater light mounts, I’d still be using them.

They are availble form purchase from sw motech.

Last edited:
I’d say the Motech extensions do help and do not distract from the asthetics, but can’t compare to the FZ1 from personal expirience. I am tall and would not mind the mirrors extended a little more as others claim the FZ1 mirrors are said to do.

I have the SW-Motech Mirror extenders. I have broad shoulders and they work perfectly for me and appear as stock as the mirrors themselves.

I just checked and they appear to be available from SW-Motech USA, but shipped from Germany with a two to five week shipping estimate. $69.95

I tried the extensions and found that the FZ1 mirrors were a much better choice. Get the real ones from Yamaha, the Chinese knockoffs don't fold.

If you really want the Motech ones, I think I still have them in my giant box of FJR parts in the shop. I can look for them if you are interested, send me a message.
It's hard to track down a set of the FZ1 mirrors, even on the Yamaha web site. Can you throw down some bread crumbs? Thx.

I bought some after market FZ 1 mirrors and they worked great on my gen 2. 130 mph and still could see clearly enough. But they don't look good on the bike. I saved them when I sold and bought my 2013, need them but can't seem to install because of how they look. Beware of knock offs that don't include bolts or hardware.

It's hard to track down a set of the FZ1 mirrors, even on the Yamaha web site. Can you throw down some bread crumbs? Thx.
How about: https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/2005/fz1-fz1t/cowling-1 ?

I saw in another thread that @Oldjeep mentioned that the Emgo ones were the same as the stock. I don't know if that means they look the same, or look the same AND function the same. Maybe he or someone who has tried this particular aftermarket mirror set can chime in.

Where do you gt them? Can't seem to lock in on a pair, even on the Yamaha site

Got them about 5 years ago. Had the bike at the shop and one of the "techs" bumped a mirror and broke the plastic. The shop owner bought a set and installed them for me.

PS never bought the story it got bumped, I think they wacked it or something. Had the shop show me the stays were still good.

Dennis Kirk. #392737 Rt side. Look for left. Worked great on my gen 2. Seems there are 2 threads on this?