My SW FOG Itinerary

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalaxyBlue

Reaction score
After a few correspondences with SpyderBret, We have decided to make a straight shot from Kingman to Taos with minimal slab miles

Google Maps

As of right now, We are planning on leaving EARLY Thursday (16th) and arriving in Taos that afternoon.

Anyone from wanting to catch up with us is welcome to, Just let me know.

My household accommodations are limited, But i can put up 2 riders that want to arrive wednesday night. I figured this might be helpful for a Cali rider wanting to break the trip into two legs.

I am open to suggestions. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first saw your post, I thought we might be able to link up along the way, but I'll be coming up from the south, while you are definitely from the Northwest. Mine is 410 miles and 7.5 hours - Lakeside, AZ to Taos, NM - your's is definitely more challenging.

Been on that road through Shiprock/Farmington, long and hot, but not to bad otherwise IIRC You gonna take the short trip up to 4 corners?

Greg

when do you think you would be in flagstaff? I thats where i am starting my final leg.
I would imagine no later than 8am

Four Corners site is closed for construction right now. Just sayin.
Thanks for the heads up!
I was thinking about stopping there again. Last time i went through there, I was headed back from WFO-6 and went the southern way back to missouri through Moab ect.

Shiprock is something neat... I didn't stop, But you can see that thing for miles! :)

My goal is to stay off of the Interstate as much as possible as that is where i spend 99% of my time while working. I hate my job... <_<

Duke & I will probablly leave kingman on tuesday (will see ya there!)

We did a warm up ride yesterday to the south rim.

4950012218_ab5f941b40_z.jpg

A Los Robustos Suggestion, Fry Bread in Farmington, New Mexico. Ashkii's Navajo Grill located at 123 West Broadway Street. And Adam, please have Spyderbreat eat at least three portions of fry bread with butter and honey. And, Bret needs to finish off his meal with a Navajo taco or two, he's still too damn skinny to be in Los Robustos M/C; damn it all to hell!

A Los Robustos Suggestion, Fry Bread in Farmington, New Mexico. Ashkii's Navajo Grill located at 123 West Broadway Street. And Adam, please have Spyderbreat eat at least three portions of fry bread with butter and honey. And, Bret needs to finish off his meal with a Navajo taco or two, he's still too damn skinny to be in Los Robustos M/C; damn it all to hell!
10-4!

:lol:

Breakfast @ Mr. D'z to start the day also!

Wow, what a thread! So much info to reply to.

I'll start with saying "I agree" Duke does not look happy on the apparent ledge, however, I also noticed the leash to yank him back if he made any movement towards the edge.

Not far out of Flag the ride towards NM gets really drab. 4 Corners is kind of cool, but the ride is boring also. If you ride into Colorado towards Durango heading east and then drop down into Taos would be nice.

I've been thinking about catching the 60 in Show Low and taking the mountains into NM and catching I-25 in Socorro and swinging by Los Lunas to visit a friend and then another stop in Bernalillo to see another friend. But I might leave Tuesday the 14th, allowing two days to get to Taos (a day before the SW-FOG is scheduled to start). But then again,

Decisions, decisions....................!!

With our Arizona weather trying to make up its mind whether it will stay hot, cool off in the evenings, rain or whatever, being prepared for almost anything is mandatory.

Now Don has to throw in a Los Robustos suggestion, hell, that's one of the best things about these get togethers besides the riding is the food and the eating establishments along the way. My wife always asks "what do you guys do besides ride", my answer is EAT and of course drink after the day of riding is over.

https://www.stonehouselodge.com/index.html Another Los Robustos lunch recommendation. Stone House Lodge is between El Vado and Heron Lakes on 95, you'll be going right past it. I've only had lunch there, but it was good and reasonable; have some La Comida Mexicana items. And GalaxyBlue, make SpyderBret order off of the Adult's Menu this time, not the Kiddies Menu; OK! Ride to Eat!!!

Stone House Cafe Lunch / side orders ...

Lunch is available from 11:00 AM till close

Sandwiches and Hamburgers

(served with lettuce, onions, tomato, pickles and fries (Onion Rings for $ .50)

Build your own Burger (8oz Choice ground beef) .. additional 8 oz beef patty $2.00

Hamburger $6.25 Cheese Burger $6.50 Tortilla Burger $6.75

Green Chile $ .50 Bacon $1.00 Swiss Cheese and Mushrooms $1.00

Guacamole $ .75

Patty Melt $7.00

Stone House Roast Beef Sandwich (sauteed onions and green chile) $6.95

Hot Beef Sandwich $6.25 Cold Beef Sandwich $6.75

Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich $7.25

BLT (served on our homemade wheat bread) $6.25

Grilled Cheese (served on our homemade wheat bread) $4.25

Grilled Ham & Chesse $6.50 Chicken Tenders $6.50

Beverages

Soda Fountain Drinks $1.25

Can Pop $1.00

Coffee or Hot Tea $1.00

Ice Tea or Lemonade $1.00

Hot Chocolate $1.00

Milk Small $ .75 Large $1.25

Orange Juice

Small $ .99 Large $1.30

Double Wammys

Cheese Quesadilla $3.50

With Chicken $3.95

Nacho Supreme $5.75

(beans. ground beef, cheese and jalapenos)

Homemade Salsa and Chips $2.50

Guacamole and Chips $3.75

Nachos $4.50

Onion Rings $2.50

Fries $2.50

Chili Con Queso with Chips $3.75

Side Orders

One Egg any Style $1.00

Hashbrowns $.95

Red or Green Chile $1.00

Bacon or Sausage $1.95

Toast or Biscuits (2) $1.95

Cinnamon Roll $1.95

Sour Cream $ .50

Salsa $.50*

Guacamole $.75

Single Chile Relleno $3.00

Single Taco $1.95

Single Enchilada $2.65

Single Tortilla $1.00

Little Minnows (kids)

Frito Pie Small $4.50 Large $5.50

Chicken Nuggets w/Fries* $3.50

Hot Dog w/Fries $3.50

You typed an entire fucking menu? Jeeze man...Go get some breakfast!

Haha...Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...There's some good places to eat during this rally!

Don just has way too much time on his hands!!!

And I get the point Don! I will be sure to gorge myself on all the great food the southwest has to offer on this trip. Don't expect me to catch up with you weight wise anytime soon though! That will take me years!!!

:p B)

Don just has way too much time on his hands!!!

And I get the point Don! I will be sure to gorge myself on all the great food the southwest has to offer on this trip. Don't expect me to catch up with you weight wise anytime soon though! That will take me years!!!

:p B)
I'm proud of you Bret and I just know that you can do it! If you work real hard at eating as a Los Robustos M/C Member should, I'm confident in 25 years you can have my physique!

AJ: Control A, Control C and Control V is highlight, copy and paste. Jeez Marie, I know your Brother is a Marine and not as smart as we US Army types, but come on; es muy Estupido!