My SW FOG Itinerary

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GB, et. al.,

Just looked at your route...I was on HWY 160 coming in from NM on Sat., they are re-paving both sides of the HWY, had to wait ~40 minutes for a pilot vehicle. It was hot sitting still in the mid day sun.

p.s. I'm going to try to meet y'all in Flag Thurs a.m. and ride up with you, just won't know if I'll make it until Wed. eve.

GB, et. al.,Just looked at your route...I was on HWY 160 coming in from NM on Sat., they are re-paving both sides of the HWY, had to wait ~40 minutes for a pilot vehicle. It was hot sitting still in the mid day sun.

p.s. I'm going to try to meet y'all in Flag Thurs a.m. and ride up with you, just won't know if I'll make it until Wed. eve.
This could be a deciding factor... We might as well slab it all the way then. <_<

GB, et. al.,Just looked at your route...I was on HWY 160 coming in from NM on Sat., they are re-paving both sides of the HWY, had to wait ~40 minutes for a pilot vehicle. It was hot sitting still in the mid day sun.

This could be a deciding factor... We might as well slab it all the way then. <_<
Or detour north on the reservation roads. Waiting might still be quicker on a weekday.

Or detour north on the reservation roads. Waiting might still be quicker on a weekday.
I'm not sure that a little wait on construction justifies slabing all the way to Taos.... Plus I agree that it should be a shorter wait due to being a weekday. What time would we be going through there and what time did you go through there G2G?

I'm not sure that a little wait on construction justifies slabing all the way to Taos.... Plus I agree that it should be a shorter wait due to being a weekday. What time would we be going through there and what time did you go through there G2G?

You might get lucky and miss the road closure. We went to Phoenix last week and only got hung up for about 5 mins comming back, nothing on the way there. Traffic was heavy but moved along quickly. Don't like the slab east of Flagstaff one little bit, huge holes in the road in the right lane. Push the Texans out of the left lane if you can and ride like hell for Taos!

sitting in hotel is flagstaff, see you guys 8 Am
we might want to meet up at the mobile station off exit 198 its close to on and off ramps
Daniel,

GB and I wont be there till Thursday morning. I have a feeling we mixed up our days.... How long are you planning on being in Flagstaff?
today... only
Awe crap...

I thought maybe you had something in Flagstaff to do for a day, And we would meet you Thursday AM.

After a few correspondences with SpyderBret, We have decided to make a straight shot from Kingman to Taos with minimal slab miles
Google Maps

As of right now, We are planning on leaving EARLY Thursday (16th) and arriving in Taos that afternoon.

Anyone from wanting to catch up with us is welcome to, Just let me know.

My household accommodations are limited, But i can put up 2 riders that want to arrive wednesday night. I figured this might be helpful for a Cali rider wanting to break the trip into two legs.

I am open to suggestions. :)

Have fun Adam. Don't be easy on Dolly, she likes it rough.

But then, you already know that!

we might want to meet up at the mobile station off exit 198 its close to on and off ramps
Daniel,

GB and I wont be there till Thursday morning. I have a feeling we mixed up our days.... How long are you planning on being in Flagstaff?
today... only
Awe crap...

I thought maybe you had something in Flagstaff to do for a day, And we would meet you Thursday AM.
+1 Bummer!

G2G, keep us posted. We should still be there around 8am!!

Daniel: sin_loki, Big-D is already in Taos at the Kachina Lodge. pinhead will get there this afternoon. And Papa Chuy will roll in around 7PM this evening. Ride Safe and Fun! See you soon, My Brother!!!

GalaxyBlue & SpyderBret: Guys, don't look for me on NM 64 on Thursday and I'll not see you in Farmington, New Mexico. I'll be in Taos tonight, Wednesday the 15th. See you on 9/16 when you arrive.

POSTED OVER AT BIG-D'S THREAD:

Dan, thanks for the heads up on the Kachina Lodge being booked up Tuesday. My Gal Donna cannot make this trip, ex-smoker and her lungs are acting up, REAL BUMMER; she does not want to take a chance with her health at the 7K' elevation of Taos. It's 1AM and I am out in the garage, quietly packing up Miss Lucy Liu; trying not to wake up my boy. I have to drop Son Seth off at Junior High at 9AM and as soon as I do, I will jump on the super slab and beeline it to Taos. HotRodZilla, I know all about the Santa Fe bypass: BECAUSE I CAN READ A FECKING MAP, NOT A GOD DAMN GPS. Verdad!

Count me in on Thursday mornings ride North with pinhead to intercept Kyndall. Does Dave ride any faster these days? Caramba, he's as fecking slow on his FJR as SkooterG, Brian, dj bill and Fairlaner!

Dan, I'll call you from the road around Noon today; just checking in! I'll call Kachina Lodge at 8AM to secure a room for tonight. Hasta lluego mi Amigo y Suerte, Papa Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel,

today... only
Awe crap...

+1 Bummer!

G2G, keep us posted. We should still be there around 8am!!
Looks like I'll be able to make Flag by 8 tomorrow Thurs. Is the meetup still at Little America? See you there. Now just hoping Kachina can extend my reservation for arrival one day earlier than planned :unsure: .