NAFO2010 Announcement of area & hotel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We completed the SFO Eureka Springs TBA ride last weekend. Since there continues to be interest, now we will get to work on the NAFO event. Details will be posted as developed. Regarding budgeting, the entry fee for the TBA ride would be $25. Other event budget details I am sure will be posted as soon as the organizers can release accurate info.
All of the information that has been posted is accurate. The event will take place in Knoxville, TN on 23, 24, 25,26 September 2010. The host hotel is the Knoxville Marriot. We have negotiated a room rate of $99. The registration fee has not been absolutely determined, how ever it will not be more than any past NAFO. That should be enough information for anyone to plan. Hope it helps. The registration website should be up within the next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
We completed the SFO Eureka Springs TBA ride last weekend. Since there continues to be interest, now we will get to work on the NAFO event. Details will be posted as developed. Regarding budgeting, the entry fee for the TBA ride would be $25. Other event budget details I am sure will be posted as soon as the organizers can release accurate info.

GREAT...I was so bummed we were not able to attend SFO in our back yard...weekend duty and a Mill outage.

Planning on making our first NAFO and our second TBA event... :yahoo:

Do we have to stay at this hotel for the nafo more info please.

Hotel rooms are not part of the registration fee or a requirement for attending, participating in rides, etc. Some may share rooms or even stay elsewhere, some may camp, some may be local. Your fee covers banquet(s) and things like a t-shirt and other swag. Not to step on toes here, I'm not even attending (dammit), but that's the deal on all other such events. Thought I'd answer and save someone else the trouble. Hope you all have a great time.

Do we have to stay at this hotel for the nafo more info please.

Hotel rooms are not part of the registration fee or a requirement for attending, participating in rides, etc. Some may share rooms or even stay elsewhere, some may camp, some may be local. Your fee covers banquet(s) and things like a t-shirt and other swag. Not to step on toes here, I'm not even attending (dammit), but that's the deal on all other such events. Thought I'd answer and save someone else the trouble. Hope you all have a great time.
It would be appreciated, if you are attending, that you stay at the host hotel. If you have never organized something like this then you would not know that as part of the agreement a certain number of room nights must be met. If they are not met then there is a fee depending on how far below the minimum. I would encourage anyone planning on attending to support the function by staying at the host hotel. We have negotiated an excellent rate of $99 a night for a first class venue.

I'm planning on being there -- my first NAFO event on my then 1yr old 09.... as long as noob's are allowed..... :rolleyes:

Ok... being a total noob... are you all making reservations already? or do I wait for the website with info to be posted? or do I ride their now and get in line? :)

How many attendees were there last year? Anything specific I should know? do? wear? pray for? ... can you tell I'm a little excited?

Anyone close to KC or passing thru on their way?

It would be appreciated, if you are attending, that you stay at the host hotel. If you have never organized something like this then you would not know that as part of the agreement a certain number of room nights must be met. If they are not met then there is a fee depending on how far below the minimum. I would encourage anyone planning on attending to support the function by staying at the host hotel. We have negotiated an excellent rate of $99 a night for a first class venue.
I wouldn't worry too much about meeting the minimum (out of curiosity, what is the minimum?).

This is a very popular event in a very popular riding area. I'd be more worried about them being overbooked (just kidding, I know it's a huge hotel)

Already headed to the Dragon on the 12-15 of Aug... BUT I'm thinking I might be able to get a kitchen pass for the end of Sept for a return trip as well. Anyone from the western PA/Eastern OH area planning on attending?

I was just up that way a couple of months back when I purchased my FJR from a dealership in NW TN. I had to trailer it back to Orlando, but I recall thinking how beautiful that area was and made a mental note to go back and explore on the bike. Looks like I'll have an even better reason now.

Thanks for all the ground work , I plan on attending this , it will be my first FJR owners meetup.

I live close and have ridden most of the roads mentions with another owners group . They are all spectacular.

This NAFO 2010 sounds good .Hope the 03 has one more road trip left in her .
Unless you have 300k miles on her, I think you're pretty safe. ;)

See you there.

Thanks for all the ground work , I plan on attending this , it will be my first FJR owners meetup.
I live close and have ridden most of the roads mentions with another owners group . They are all spectacular.
Looking forward to meeting you too, greywolf.

I'll be the goofy looking guy with the scraggly gray Van Dyke.

I'll be the goofy looking guy with the scraggly gray Van Dyke.

You may want to be a little more specific.....you have just described half of the people who will be in attendance !!!