Neil Peart

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am yet again, happily / sadly surprised (heartened actually), that a number of other FJR riders here also felt a loss with this sad news of Mr. Peart's passing. 

From the age of 12 years, I listened, studied, and revelled in the music that Neil and those 2 other humbly human, but very talented Canucks emoted to us willing consumers. Neil's life was not easy, and much of the reason Ghost Rider (and other books) came to be, was due to devastating loss of a daughter, and then cancer taking his first wife. I have read a few of these tomes...

Thanks for your resonance and empathy on this loss. Neil will be missed by many who were less interested in simpllistic rock music of rebellion, identifying instead with creative complexity, and joys in doing something at the top of his craft.   😭

Coming home Thursday night from our fly fishing meeting I was in the mood for some Rush, so I cued up Moving Pictures on Spotify and enjoyed the moment.

On Friday I heard the news about Neil’s passing - so sad.

So much talent taken too soon.

RIP

Spent well over an hour yesterday on youtube on a documentory. After that watched another one with Geddi Lee. Truly amazing band and the history behind them. My life will be better for it now.

Dave