NERDS '11 is On-Line!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I'm booked at the Commodores. No longer a slacker. Two months in advance is something of a record for me.

Ross

Can anyone confim the discounted rate for the hotel? We were quoted $108 per night plus taxes for 1 night with a king for 2 people. Just wanted to confirm that was the discounted rate.

Rhanks

Howard
Howard, the rates are also published on the NERDS web site here: Click me

If you are only staying one night you either didn't get the discount or they gave you an extra discount (depending on what night you are staying). As Ed mentioned above, for a single night you should be paying either $118 per weekend night or $98 per weekday. If this is for a Friday or Saturday you are getting an extra discount!! ;)
Fred Just for numbers we have a friend from Rangeley coming to NERDS with us, she rides a Bandit 600 and will be staying with us as a triple. :clapping:
The Bandit is a triple?
yahoo.gif
clapping.gif

Booked, I don't even book my vacations this early...

But I didn't want to seem like I had comitment issues :lol:

This is going to be a blast!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Mem, Geezer, Aroostook - You're all on the reserved rooms list. Bungie - You're on the "Slackers" list...

In fact, there seems to be a pattern of reluctance from our friends to the north. Of the 8 people registered from Canuckistan, only 3 have made reservations at the hotel so far.

Ed.
Am I on the reservation list Ed?

Tom

Been reading with interest about NERDS 11 for sometime now. Certainly looks inviting with all the cool pics that have been posted. I have not been in the NE except a few airport stops. Plans have fallen through for EOM 11 due to a work commitment. All I need for the bike is a throttle lock and maybe an airhawk. Retired as a telecom engineer with 37 years in the business. Not sure if I'm qualified for nerd status but if I hang out with some maybe it will rub off on me. And lastly my wife just said go. :yess:

Reservation made at the Commodore.

May have meet some of you at NAFO10.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Dave,

You'll certainly fit in with us NERDS.

We've got some really great routes planned that will give you a taste of some of the best roads in VT, NH, & NY. Should have some of them up on the website soon.

Ed.

Here's the latest update on the room situation at the Commodore's Inn.

As of Sunday afternoon, there were 11 rooms remaining at the hotel. Matching the hotel's reservation list up with the NERDS website signup list, I come up with 8 riders who indicated that they are planning to stay at the hotel but have not yet made reservations. I'm not going to mention any names (Scoops, ice station zebra, VanHarlan, raYzerman19, FisherKat, Corrinna, Charlie, and sullivan), but if I were you, I would call and get a room reserved before it's too late. At the rate we've been going, it won't be long before the rooms are gone.

Curiously, there are also two rooms in our block reserved under names that don't match up with anyone on the NERDS signup list. So either we have two riders who are planning on attending NERDS but haven't added their names to our guest list, or 2 of the slackers made reservations under a different name.

As I said a few weeks ago, the Hotel is SOLD OUT except for the rooms we have in our block. If you wait too long, you might end up paying more to stay elsewhere (or you'll be sleeping in the parking lot...)

Ed.

OK, this is great stuff.

We're gaining some real momentum now with just 51 days remaining before the event. Feels like we are going to sell this thing out.

For those who haven't been on the Official NERDS '11 web site recently, we have a total of 66 folks on 45 bikes signed up to attend.

You do not want to miss this. It's going to be a great time. :yahoo:

We also have more than 25 tee-shirt orders placed, which is the minimum that gets us the prices we've sold them at.

Yeah it was a gamble on our part that we'd get enough orders, otherwise we'd be wearing NERDS shirts every day for the next 10 years... ;)

Don't forget that the Tee Shirt and Sticker orders will be taken through midnight on July 23rd, at which time we need to place our bulk orders.

There will be no extras available at the event if you procrastinate and are late in placing your order. Place your orders here, now.

Ed and I will be using the shortened holiday week after the 4th to check out the remaining untested ride routes (hey it's a tough job, but somebody has to do it! :rolleyes: ).

So the following week we should have final ride routes posted on the web site.

Sticker_C1.gif

New England... Ride... Drink... and Smoke 'em if you got 'em!!

Don,

Since you are on the list of NERDS attendees, and not on the short list of hotel reservation delinquents, I'd have to say that you are good to go.

But Ed is maintaining the guest lists so he can tell you for sure.

Looking forward to meetin' ya.

Just signed up!! I was planning on blitzing out to NB at the end of July, but it's not good logistically at this point. This will be perfect! and..........I can meet the folks I missed when my CFR trip ended so abruptly :) Hopefully my new rim arrives in time now that the postal strike is over :) I'll keep my eye out for large wooden posts this time..... :dribble:

Kule!!

Yeah, you'll just want to just stay up in the Northern NE states (ME, NH, VT). All the flying 4x4s are restricted to RI, CT and MA, and we've got the funner roads anyway. ;)

See you there!! :yahoo:

Wowzer! This is turning into a parTAY!!!

And I don't have to work at this one (except for what I volunteer to do :blink: )

:yahoo:

48 days left 'til NERDS, 47 riders / 70 people signed up so far.

Only 7 rooms left at the Inn...

This is looking like it might be a full house. :yahoo:

Ed.

Latest posts