Next EOM?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deleted due to self editing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a grip, Still waiting patiantly.
I am unsure if you meant that to be humorous or not. Your cutie comment was not well received, though.

I definitely have a grip & am attempted to pass it off to you. I have planned one of these meets when nobody else wanted to do it & personally know what's involved in the prep... so, perhaps closing of your ol' pie hole is in order unless you have something constructive to say.
You two sound like you're married or sumpthin'. Sheesh...

It's kinda like that old line - "You can't polish a turd" - only different. :blink:

But that myth was BUSTED!

See Nov 12th

jefashe is correct the skyway is 36 miles long and some say is better than the dragon i agree. the b.r.p. the last 135 miles going into the Smokey Mountain National Park ,(The most visited park in the U.S.A) is hot 6475 fett down to 850 . problem is there was a rock slide last year i was on the pkwy with a freind ,And it was on the news that 2 people died my wife saw this and was a nervous wreck (cell phones when you need them they do not work up in the mountains so i could not get in touch with her ) Well a very large stretch of the brp is closed dont hold me to it until 2010 . Also there was a piece in one of the mags. that n.c had 2 out of the 10 best roads in all of the u.s.a. . The B.R.P. and the dragon . The only way to do a meet in this part of n.c. would have to be on week days . The weekends there would be too many bikes to have any fun . So it would be a no go .

Hey New Jersey is in the East. Let's have it in Hoboken!!! :)

Have any decisions been made on the location of EOM 09?

gypsy

Hey New Jersey is in the East. Let's have it in Hoboken!!! :)
2388711200040539137S500x500Q85.jpg

2825094900040539137S500x500Q85.jpg

They don't call it the "Garden State" for nuttin'!!

Have any decisions been made on the location of EOM 09?
gypsy
No... at least not publicized details. I'm sure that the organizer has ideas but nothing has been announced, yet.

There are some good roads in north New Jersey. Sussex county, near the point where NY, PA and NJ meet is in the mountains and has some very good riding. The problem is that the area is not big enough for the amount of riding we do at EOM, and there are too many cars and LEOs. If people want to go that far north we'd be better off going a little further north and meet in the Adirondacks.

Just an idea from me, who regrets missing this last year's EOM:

Maryland's Deep Creek Lake area would be nicely central and offer some of the best hills in WV, MD, PA, and even out to Appalachian Ohio. Plus it'd have the off-bike hotels and support the group looks for.

Checks, if you have ideas & wish to take reins & plan a meet, EOM planning will be open to being snapped up in 2011. 2009 is covered & 2010 will bring NAFO2 into the eastern region. Both of these meet's have planners & have been been spoken for, already.

Sounds like good ideas, though.

Will we see you this year @ EOM?

Status
Not open for further replies.