Pathfinder's 48plus/10-10s

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tip my hat for attempting this trip. That's some good mileage in a short time through many different states. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Spot is cool, he's nearly to Washington DC right now.

That's some good mileage in a short time through many different states. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Spot is cool, he's nearly to Washington DC right now.
Concur! Tony's smokin' along at a BBG pace even with the stops for receipts in each state and in the East. Great first day!

Keeping it up for another 6 or 7 thousand miles is still a long ride though. I've offered him a warm bed, shower, and witness for the 48 part as he comes through my area of the lower 48.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked it too. Looks like he may be well ahead of schedule to arrive at "Point B" before midnight. Looks like Wilmington or maybe Baltimore?
I'm think'n that "Point B" is more like New Haven CT looks to be on the north side of Long Island. I hope that's where he's headed if he were to hold up in Wilmington or Baltimore that could be a big tactical mistake. It would mean he would be headed into NYC/Tri-State area in AM rush and believe me that would suck. Even if he's a bit behind tonight and even tomorrow once he's clear of Albany there will be clearer roads and fewer stops.
Agreed. It ws very smart of him to knock out the worst states (in terms of congestion) in the first 2 days. It'll be relatively wide open roads once he heads west from Maine. Even Albany is a puff.

He's heading into Baltimore at 5:00?!?!? Best wishes.
There was a traffic jam at the intersection if I695/I83 north of Baltimore. Guessing he got caught up in that. Once he breaks through the 695 loop around Baltimore, he should have smooth sailing through Wilmington DE and Philly as afternoon rush should be done by then.

He's @ Philly now; actually on the NJ side.

I dread all that corridor; my wife's parents are in Delaware, and her brother has a bar/rest in the Adirondacks, so we go through there from time to time (DC quite often, including just a couple of weeks ago).

He's @ Philly now; actually on the NJ side.
I dread all that corridor; my wife's parents are in Delaware, and her brother has a bar/rest in the Adirondacks, so we go through there from time to time (DC quite often, including just a couple of weeks ago).
I freaking live in this corridor. The traffic here SUCKS...

Woot! He's across the Geo Washington bridge. So barring any construction or accidents he's in very good shape and right on schedule for his midnight appointment with a pillow.

Looks like he's running at a pretty good rate from Baltimore to his current position (I hesitate to post TSD calcs). Smokin!!!

Good Day One

Once he starts to get away from the East coast, he shouldn't have issues making good time today. The bad news for him is that that forecast for Northern IL, and WI for tonight and tomorrow is rain, and lows in the mid 40's.

so it looks like he called it a night a bit before 1am -somewhere south of where "55" and "9" connect.

Not knowing the area, is that pretty true to his plan? Sitting here in NV it seems pretty close.

And at 4:45am'ish he was already moving again.

Me guesses another good day and he'll be in better control and not as dependent on the traffic and such of high density areas.

Good fun to witness his progress.

Could be heading for trouble soon. He's about to hit one of the most boring stretches of road I have ever driven/ridden on: the NYS Thruway between Albany and Buffalo. Horrible and mostly only two lanes in each direction so it's easy to get trapped in traffic.

This SPOT tracking thing is totally cool, however.

How often is it updating his current location?

How often is it updating his current location?
Nominally "SPOTCasting" reports every 10 minutes. Sometimes depending on conditions it misses a report and will be 20...or might get out of phase and report a different period. You can click on the point and it will display the time.

The lag of reporting is usually between 5 and 20 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
A current topic from SPOTWalla stated that delay time was between 10 and 40 minutes. I think directly through SPOT the 5-20 minute delay is correct.

is he checking the forum messages? If so, I can offer something...looks like he'll be skimming past omahell.
I have his cell#; lemme call him (I don't think he has bluetooth/ability to recieve calls while riding) and if it's OK I'll give it out on PM's...

Just my opinion, but if he is hitting the road early tomorrow, he could take 294 to 355 up to 90 and stay a little closer to Chicago. That would cut a good 30-45 minutes off of his time. Probably a little late in the game to be messing with the route.

Just my opinion, but if he is hitting the road early tomorrow, he could take 294 to 355 up to 90 and stay a little closer to Chicago. That would cut a good 30-45 minutes off of his time. Probably a little late in the game to be messing with the route.
I'd been thinking the same thing on several occasions "I know a short cut through there" but then I remember he's also doing a 10 10ths so he NEEDS the miles. Me thinks he's doing a really good job and has planned a very smart route. That is until he reaches I-94 NW of Mpls on a Friday evening, everyone is headed for "the Lake", could be crowded :glare:

DUH, I keep forgetting he is going for the 10/10ths, and not just the 48+.

Looks like he is a little behind his ideal schedule, but not too bad. Actually, it could work out OK for him, since the rain will clear the IL / WI area by the time he gets here.

is he checking the forum messages? If so, I can offer something...looks like he'll be skimming past omahell.
I have his cell#; lemme call him (I don't think he has bluetooth/ability to recieve calls while riding) and if it's OK I'll give it out on PM's...
If he needs help around my neck of the woods and he has the FJR Assistance list, I'm on there. I haven't looked on the IBA site to see what he needs to document the route.

If he needs a fuel stop in NE along I-29 there's just one that's close, but I don't know how late it's open. Otherwise he'll waste time going into omahell to find a gas station.