PDP Alive And Well

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04 FJR Pilot

Reaction score
Looks like we have another year of the dreaded PDP according to my local dealer. I am seriously considering trading up to an '06 from my ticking '04 but am very afraid at what my dealer is going to offer me on my '04. I think I'll be taking it in the shorts. Would try and sell the '04 after repair but if it doesn't sell I can't afford 2 scoots in the stable. Decisions,decisions. $500.00 before December 31st. What to do? :blink:

My local dealer offered us 7500 on ours and 11900 on a new one if that helps.

Tom

Rick, my feeling has always been that you take it in the shorts ALMOST ANY TIME you trade a vehicle in regardless of mileage/condition. Very sad but very true.

I see that you made it home safely. How are ya'?

I agree with luvtoride that you really pay when you trade, but it did give me a point of reference for what he would want for a new one. My dealer says that FJR's are now in the NADA book and they weren't before.

I'm in Mason City, IA and it was my local Yamaha dealer here and it has about 11 or 12 k on it.

Tom

Tom,

Try Estherville Sports Center in Esterville Iowa. Talk to Jeff (owner) and see what he will do for you. I bought both of my FJR's from him, and he has always been striaght forward with me and honest. It is a couple of miles for you to go, but worth it in my mind.

Let him know I told you to call,

Dana

At that kind of trade in price I would rather they give me retail and I will pay full retail for the new one.

Sell your 05 for around $9k and then negotiate a cash price for the 06, always a better proposition.

Better still, wait until the dealers order them in their own bogus names again and then buy one off the showroom floor like I did in October last year, got it for $10,500 and no waiting.

Skippy

The dealer here is also my customer and he treats me very fairly. He was just ballparking with the NADA book.

As far as number go, selling outright and buying better is a way better way to go. You have to figure in sales tax into the equation in Iowa, but it usually is still better.

Also wholesale to wholesale, retail to retail, the trade dollars would be the same.

Tom

Heidi, Made it home in one piece with no, "there I was" stories to tell. Between EOM and the next week of riding up to West Virginia and back down to N.C. I put 2K miles on the scoot. Got her ticking like a cheap watch. I'm still undecide on wha to do. I can't morally sell her ticking like she is. Yes it has the warranty but I wouldn't feel right selling it to someone that way. If I wait until January when the dealer wants to fix it then I have missed the PDP. My only choice would be to trade it in or Ebay it and hope I can sell her. I guess I could resign myself to keep her but the new features on that '06 really have peaked my interest. Nice to see Yammie brought back the best color for the flagship, eh? They probably had 10,000 gallons of that paint that neededto be used. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: