• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pilot Road 2 Tires Group Buy (PRII)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm..Haven't received an E-mail or anything yet. I'll give him a few more days, since shipping 50 plus sets of tires is an undertaking.

Here's my tracking info if this helps:

Tracking Detail | Help

Your package has experienced an exception.

Tracking Number: 1Z 654 8Y0 03 9426 624 7

Type: Package

See description below

Shipped To: EUNICE, LA, US

Shipped/Billed On: 02/06/2009

Service: GROUND

Weight: 18.00 Lbs

To view additional tracking information, please log in to My UPS.

Package Progress

Location Date Local Time Description

ALISO VIEJO,

CA, US 02/11/2009 6:59 P.M. FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY

US 02/06/2009 4:52 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 02/12/2009 3:22 P.M. ET

Somehow I had lost the e-mail that contained my tracking #, but I managed to retrieve it by checking my browser history. Mine are in transit and scheduled to arrive on February 17th. :yahoo:

Haven't herd anything from JR after giving him my email credit card #.

So how do you get this tracking #? do i have to call him or just be a little more patiant?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't herd anything from JR after giving him my email credit card #.
So how do you get this tracking #? do i have to call him or just be a little more patiant?
I originally contacted JR via email, and after the subsequent phone call, I received a "shipping notice" email from UPS. If he has your email address, you should be getting a tracking number by that method shortly before the tires ship. Being in the same state, my tires arrived in just a few days. UPS notified me on the 10th, delivered on the 13th.

Otherwise, ring him up. Tell him you were thinking of him, and were just wondering what he was doing now, and how ever much you appreciate his support of the FJR community, and where the hell are your tires! :D

I received mine on Friday afternoon. The brown truck was glad to oblige the arrival of some new skins. PM. <>< :D

It looks like the people from CA are getting their tires first. We are slowly moving our way to the east. :D

My tires shipped from Cali to Portland, going right by me on I-5 <_<

Guess I'll get them on their way back south...

Nothing like hauling 18 pounds of rubber hundreds of miles extra for nothing UPS :rolleyes:

I picked up my tires yesterday from Cycle City. I'll have them mounted when I deem my Raodsmarts are shot, which shouldn't be too long from now.

I spoke with Junior for a while. Seems they're possibly up for other types of buys, of course this must work for them too as far as buy ins from the vendors etc.

Thanks again Trent.

My tracking showed that the tires should have been delivered on 2/13/09, but no show :angry:

If they dont show by tomorrow, UPS will start a "trace" ....dang the bad luck!

My tires were delivered at 3 PM today but I am more than a bit disappointed in UPS's so called tracking system....which only 5 minutes before delivery still showed my tires being in Portland (since 2/13).

I also noted that the sidewalls of all 3 of my front tires had been somewhat compressed during packing and need to be spread before mounting...if you have ever mounted a tire and had difficulty getting it to "bead" then you know what I am talking about. Its pretty easy to spread the sidewalls, I just stick an old tube into the tire, inflate it, and let it sit for 24 hours.

This was a great deal, I hope more are offered in the future.

My tires were delivered at 3 PM today but I am more than a bit disappointed in UPS's so called tracking system....which only 5 minutes before delivery still showed my tires being in Portland (since 2/13).This was a great deal, I hope more are offered in the future.
+1

My track shows an "exception". I use UPS daily an have never had that. Hmmm.

My status hasn't changed since 2/6. That's the day UPS notified me that they had been notified and that my expected delivery was 2/12.....I'll give em' a few more days...maybe we'll have another cold snap later in the month and make pulling the wheels look more appealing! lol