• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pilot Road 2 Tires Group Buy (PRII)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up a couple pairs of these locally for $337.78 /pair Canadian ($273.80 USD at current exchange.) Pretty happy about the price but it's a once a year deal. Any AB locals can PM me for details for next year.

In the past I've always purchased tires as I need them. So now, question on storage. What is the best way to store these?

Just picked up a couple pairs of these locally for $337.78 /pair Canadian ($273.80 USD at current exchange.) Pretty happy about the price but it's a once a year deal. Any AB locals can PM me for details for next year.
In the past I've always purchased tires as I need them. So now, question on storage. What is the best way to store these?
My house.

Inside your house or garage in a box.
Thanks Toe. Is the box to keep dust off or avoid stacking weight? I have bags but no box(es) that big.

My house.
:rofl: :fuck:
OK then, let me ask this another way other then using them as pin cushions for my icepick collection, is there anything I should avoid, like hanging them on the wall, standing them, etc...? Probably not a huge issue since they should get used relatively quickly but thought I'd ask in case there was something I am not aware of.

Actually, MCN just had an article where they suggested wrapping them in garbage bags, twist tie them to seal and store them in a closet in the house. There is less temperature variation in your house and no chemical fumes.

I just got my 120/70/-17 prII's in stock finally.

Sets of pilot road 2's, Should I run a buy on these for you guys this month?

I Think they would be around $300 a set shipped.

Let me know.

Thanks guys

Thank you Jr for installing my new tires this week. It feels good to have some new skin on them tires.

I just got my 120/70/-17 prII's in stock finally.
Sets of pilot road 2's, Should I run a buy on these for you guys this month?

I Think they would be around $300 a set shipped.

Let me know.

Thanks guys
If they're $275 shipped again, I'd get a set. That's the price I'm waiting to see :)

This month? heck, why not every month :) :) :)

Junior, I am intersted in a set of PR 2's. The ol' Z6's are getting thin. I would likely go in on a group buy. Anyone else?

SEPTEMBER PRII SPECIAL-

I checked all the availability, prices, and wanted to update you guys real quick.

The "B" version is currently not available. It is backordered a ways out, similar to the front tire most of summer being backordered.

I can offer the PRII's, same as last time, however due to constant price increases in the past year they would be $300 a set shipped-

for 1) 120/70-17

1) 180/55-17

Pilot road II

Email me if you would like a set at [email protected]

Payment can be taken via paypal or over the phone with credit/debit cards.

Interested too.

I learned the following about B vs. C via Bing: Both are a 73/W. 73 is the load rating (up to 803 lbs) and W is the speed rating (safe to 168 mph). Evidently, the B tire has one extra belt (over the two belts in the C) for a stiffer side wall. Most folks that ride 2up & carry lots of gear may want the B.

Sorry I havent been around to answer any questions for you guys! Been so busy.

Yes the C version is the one I have available currently. The B version is usually about $35-$50 more, and as stated above it does in fact have one more belt. The B version is not going to be available until most likely the end of November possibly December.

The C version sets are $300 Shipped, which I have available right now.

If you are interested let me know - [email protected]

Payments can be made via paypal or credit card by phone. Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator: