Puttin' the feelers out...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is ANYONE considering doing this ride two up? I wasn't, but the wife is all pouty that I'm going to go riding the day before her birthday. I think she was expecting a big surprise party for her 50th.

I'm inclined to stand firm, but if anyone else is considering it, I may allow her to come along.

Is ANYONE considering doing this ride two up? I wasn't, but the wife is all pouty that I'm going to go riding the day before her birthday. I think she was expecting a big surprise party for her 50th.
I'm inclined to stand firm, but if anyone else is considering it, I may allow her to come along.
Two up, 6 up, clown car. I doubt anyone has a problem with it, you'll be closer to the screaming than we will.

I'm going solo, but I'm turning 50 this year also, so Happy Birthday to your wife, a fellow '59er.

FJJ'sR

I will make the haul over from Alexandria - weather permitting.
*UPDATED*

1. c-zulu

2. Joe2Lmaker

3. Tom A.

4. TC Mike

5. Shane

6. Scoobyvroom

7. radman

8. MNFJR05

9. FJJ's R

10. Keq

11. rammer9460

12. Wicked Webby

13. Gramps

14. motor1884

15. csimon1

16. flyinlow

17. Cruzin

18. jevers

19. sporto

What changed? Still looks good to me what ever you did. B)

More editing
CYA
Now that's the kind of forward thinking to aspire to. :yahoo:

I'm at least 50/50 gotta see what next months work schedule is like. I need to get down that way to scout some bonuses for the Rally Rallye at CFO :p

I'm at least 50/50 gotta see what next months work schedule is like. I need to get down that way to scout some bonuses for the Rally Rallye at CFO :p
*UPDATED*

1. c-zulu

2. Joe2Lmaker

3. Tom A.

4. TC Mike

5. Shane

6. Scoobyvroom

7. radman

8. MNFJR05

9. FJJ's R

10. Keq

11. rammer9460

12. Wicked Webby

13. Gramps

14. motor1884

15. csimon1

16. flyinlow

17. Cruzin

18. jevers

19. sporto

20. rickcorwn

There, you're 50% in. :) Hope you can make it Rick.

With 3 weeks to go I want to ask all who are participating to make sure that they take the time to get & carry the appropriate emergency contact information with them for our group ride. It really should be a permanent part of your everyday riding gear anyway. I know from experience what it's like not to have this information in an emergency.

There was a recent thread on this subject & offered up great inexpensive solutions/products.

The first, and at no cost is an Emergency Medical Identification card that you fill out & print. You can get them at MedIDs.com, I carry one in my wallet & one in the glove box of my bike.

The second (and there are many variations, take your pick) is what I have called the ResQTag. I have no ties to either of these sites.

At the very minimum I ask that you carry a Medical ID card, or if you know of other alternatives post them.

Ok, done preaching. ;)

Thanks guys.

With 3 weeks to go I want to ask all who are participating to make sure that they take the time to get & carry the appropriate emergency contact information with them for our group ride. It really should be a permanent part of your everyday riding gear anyway. I know from experience what it's like not to have this information in an emergency.There was a recent thread on this subject & offered up great inexpensive solutions/products.

The first, and at no cost is an Emergency Medical Identification card that you fill out & print. You can get them at MedIDs.com, I carry one in my wallet & one in the glove box of my bike.

The second (and there are many variations, take your pick) is what I have called the ResQTag. I have no ties to either of these sites.

At the very minimum I ask that you carry a Medical ID card, or if you know of other alternatives post them.

Ok, done preaching. ;)

Thanks guys.
Marc,

Great point and a must have.

I recieved one from a good friend a while back.

;)

WW

With 3 weeks to go I want to ask all who are participating to make sure that they take the time to get & carry the appropriate emergency contact information with them for our group ride. It really should be a permanent part of your everyday riding gear anyway. I know from experience what it's like not to have this information in an emergency.There was a recent thread on this subject & offered up great inexpensive solutions/products.

Ok, done preaching. ;)

Thanks guys.
If someone brings a pack of smokes, and a light, I'm good. Find me in a ditch, gimme a heater-I'll be along shortly.

Maybe bypass Red Wing completely, cross a little of the flat land & get ourselves down to Hwy 60 by going this way.

Anyone foresee any problems?

Just remember Tom, If you bring the wife with it's twice the money and half the fun! jevers

Just remember Tom, If you bring the wife with it's twice the money and half the fun!
That's never the case with my lovely wife. (I had a different response all typed up and ready to post when a couple of thoughts occurred to me:

1. My wife is pretty adept with a computer.

2. This is a public forum.

PS - Hi Honey! (If your lurking out there somewhere.)

Wish I could make it. If anybody sees a Cerulean Silver with 6k HIDs, gimme a wave and I'll try to pull over to hang out for a bit!

Matt in Richfield