Puttin' the feelers out...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems as though the last route map I posted hasn't had any opposition so we'll go with it.

Clicky

We'll meet in Hastings at the Perkins Restaurant at 9 am. I'll see if I can get some tables reserved. Also, make sure to fuel

up before breakfast.

We should try to get on the road by 10 if possible.

Those of you (Wicked Webby & Rich I know of for sure) that can not make the breakfast but are planning to hook up with us along the route,

we will make a designated stop at the scenic overlook on Hwy 60 which looks down on the town of Wabasha & the Mississippi at approximately

12:30-1:00. Any others please let me know.

The next designated stop will be at the Buena Vista Park & scenic overlook (flag marker "C" on the map). We should arrive there

at approximately 2:00.

We can stop either in Alma or Nelson for a fuel/snack stop or lunch depending on the time. Please understand that these are only approximate times

and more than likely will change, so if you need to locate us please feel free to call my cell# 612-414-7811.

Cya on the 9th. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been PM'ing with Gramps (Marc) and have agreed to take up the slack and ride sweep. My cell # if you should get lost or have a problem is 651.366.7347. I'll keep it on vibrate and in a chest pocket. Should be fun, there's some nice roads on the route. I probably ride slower than most, if not all, of you so if you don't see me I'll be along soon.

Erik.

hrm, 6hrs to get there, 6hr ride, 6hrs back......

doable..... anyone have a spot on their floor or a couch I could sleep on?? :)

I'm tempted, but I'll have to see what funds are available and how my tires look after SFO

Gee whiz-

My Mom says I get to go if my homework is all done, my room is clean and I eat all my supper.

I hate lima beans but I'll choke em down just so I can ride.

Count me in on the 9th.

Thanks,

Gee whiz- My Mom says I get to go if my homework is all done, my room is clean and I eat all my supper.

Count me in on the 9th.

Thanks,
Ok...cya in Hastings. B)

*UPDATED*

1. c-zulu

2. Joe2Lmaker

3. Tom A.

4. TC Mike

5. Shane

6. Scoobyvroom

7. radman

8. MNFJR05

9. FJJ's R

10. Keq

11. rammer9460

12. Wicked Webby

13. Gramps

14. motor1884

15. csimon1

16. flyinlow

17. Cruzin

18. jevers

19. sporto

20. rickcorwn

21. fsubetcha

This will be quite the gathering if everyone shows. :D

Gee whiz- My Mom says I get to go if my homework is all done, my room is clean and I eat all my supper.

Count me in on the 9th.

Thanks,
Ok...cya in Hastings. B)

*UPDATED*

1. c-zulu

2. Joe2Lmaker

3. Tom A.

4. TC Mike

5. Shane

6. Scoobyvroom

7. radman

8. MNFJR05

9. FJJ's R

10. Keq

11. rammer9460

12. Wicked Webby

13. Gramps

14. motor1884

15. csimon1

16. flyinlow

17. Cruzin

18. jevers

19. sporto

20. rickcorwn

21. fsubetcha

This will be quite the gathering if everyone shows. :D
This a rain or shine event???

It is fishing opener in MN that weekend so it is sure to be shitty weather :angry2:

I was down playing on the Alphabet roads couple weeks ago working on the Villan GT, there was still quite a bit of debris on the roads from the farmers spreading there "Fertilizer" :rolleyes: with a little bit of rain it was getting quite slick.

Aint a ride, it's a frikken convention. Everyone bring their Shriners Fez's. 1884 has spares, so not to worry.

This a rain or shine event???
It is fishing opener in MN that weekend so it is sure to be shitty weather :angry2:

I was down playing on the Alphabet roads couple weeks ago working on the Villan GT, there was still quite a bit of debris on the roads from the farmers spreading there "Fertilizer" :rolleyes: with a little bit of rain it was getting quite slick.
If the weather is crappy we'll reschedule. I'm not apposed to ridding in widely scattered showers, but if it's predicted to be heavy...like I said we'll reschedule.

I call it a cookie duster......Fez must be a 70"s term. Either way, the ladies love it.

Aint a ride, it's a frikken convention. Everyone bring their Shriners Fez's. 1884 has spares, so not to worry.
shriner.jpg

See that head contraption? Does nothing for women, believe me... :rolleyes:

I call it a cookie duster......Fez must be a 70"s term. Either way, the ladies love it.
Here's a Shriner wearing his fez:

freemasonpin_exb_HSTR18548.jpg

<Link>

Rad was referring to these guys:

motorcyles2000c2.jpg

:fool:

I see Rad composed his post faster than I did, but what the hell ... I put a lot of work into this...

I'm out (again :angry2: ) Buddies coming in from Cali the same weekend. I'll never be forgiven if I don't attend.

One of these days you're gonna have to take some of my famous courses, I'd recommend starting with "Being Funny Online-A Forum Primer®". Cuz you Fail. ;)

freemasonpin_exb_HSTR18548.jpg

Just an update, I called the Perkins in Hastings & was able to reserve seating for all of us at 9:00, just tell them you're part of the "FJR Group" if you get there before me.

Weather looks like it'll work for us...cya Saturday.

So, to summarize, the route is here--

Sat. Play Date

We meet up at Perkins Choke and Puke at 0900, which is here--

Pancakes and Shit

And the weather as of now, today, looks like--

Saturday: A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 57.
Playmates list--

*UPDATED*

1. c-zulu

2. Joe2Lmaker

3. Tom A.

4. TC Mike

5. Shane

6. BigR

7. radman#

8. MNFJR05-bailed

9. FJJ's R

10. Keq

11. rammer9460

12. Wicked Webby$#@^<?

13. Gramps

14. motor1884#$

15. csimon1

16. flyinlow-bailed

17. Cruzin

18. jevers

19. sporto

20. rickcorwn*

21. fsubetcha

*=iffy

#=mental

$=cop

CYA Saturday boneheads, bright and kinda early, ready to rock.

Shit guys I'm going to have to back out. The MNSBR kickoff ride is the same day. They had a couple sweepers back out and they need my help. Next time count me in for sure...

Chris