Puttin' the feelers out...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First pics from the ride. clicky here It was a nice day for a ride, maybe a little cool, but still nice. I put on 215 miles. Thanks Gramps for putting this together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great ride today. Sorry to have bugged out without at least waving goodbye, but I would have had to catch you all first.

Gramps and all....

Had a great time. It was neat seeing 20 sport tourers all rolling together with a Zx14 as caboose.

Take care all and ride safe,

Webby

Certainly a good time-well done Gramps, pretty much every rider in the area showed-CFO should do as well. And somehow someway Lady Luck was with me, Webby, Vroom and Rich-a set of flashing lights on a Mini-Van kept us all from a looooong stint in some Sconnie hellhole prison. ;)

Certainly a good time-well done Gramps, pretty much every rider in the area showed-CFO should do as well. And somehow someway Lady Luck was with me, Webby, Vroom and Rich-a set of flashing lights on a Mini-Van kept us all from a looooong stint in some Sconnie hellhole prison. ;)
I don't know about Webby, but I would have claime not to know any of you if it keept me outa da Sconnie goulog!! :lol: Great day(a bit cool) , nice roads, and thx to all for lettin this 'red headed step child' tag along for da day. I must say I am surprised no one wanted to do a 'comparo' against my Connie. Next ride I'm always available to any who want to go head to head. As Webby and I always say...No bench racing allowed!! :p

BigR

Lady luck indeed!

That was one for the books! It was a bit close for comfort.

Another example of why I have been slowing it down over

this past decade, and need to continue to do so. Glad to see you

join us on the Mach III run. That stuff never gets old! Although,

it could keep ya from getting older... Thus, calculate your risks,

an keep a fresh battery in your calculator!

Webby

Thanks Gramps! Awesome ride, great route. We have to do it again sometime. Great meeting so many other local FJR owners.

I'd post my pics, but they look pretty much the same as the others. Hopefully scooby has some good shots.

Thanks all...it was a most enjoyable day...glad we did it.

Another example of why I have been slowing it down over
this past decade, and need to continue to do so.
You got to be kidding me there buddy. I think the only reason you're slowing down is because you have a slower bike. :p

You're right about one thing tho...it does keep you from getting older.

I must say I am surprised no one wanted to do a 'comparo' against my Connie.
Webby's already done it for all of us, & still proves regularly that the FJR is faster. ;) :eek: :lol:

I'll still ride with you anytime my friend...[SIZE=8pt]despite your short comings. :drinks: [/SIZE]

I'm still putting my video clips together, I'll post the link a little later.

Hey Rad I'll by breakfast next time for you. :)

Another example of why I have been slowing it down ...
:rofl:

So, at your current rate of "slowing it down"... a decade from now, I'll actually be able to keep up with you? :D

Very impressive though; the way that bike of yours can pull away at will.

Gramps, thanks for putting that together. That was a good time!

Yes, Thanks again Gramps.

It was nice meeting everyone and putting a face to the names. I haven't had a chance to ride roads like that for sometime. Most of my riding now a days is to and from work, soccer practice, or two up with the wife on short scenic roads. This was a blast.

Joe and Marc,

C'mon fellas... You make it sound like there was reckless disregard of the road conditions and speed limit...

I mean... 10 over ain't that crazy. :wacko:

Well, for sum maybe...

:lol:

Marc,

Nice video. The overcast skies actually made for great video results.

Take care,

Webby

Cool video Gramps :clapping:

I think it looks warmer in the video :rolleyes:

Was nice meeting everyone, that was the most FJR's I have seen in one spot so far :yahoo: There was only 8 of us at LOE last fall.

Webby's already done it for all of us, & still proves regularly that the FJR is faster. ;) :eek: :lol:

I'll still ride with you anytime my friend...[SIZE=8pt]despite your short comings. :drinks: [/SIZE]

I'm still putting my video clips together, I'll post the link a little later.

Hmmmmmmmmmm....... I beg to differ about his Feeger being faster :rolleyes: but I can see where your coming from from a certain point of view :fans: after all were talkin about the width of a hair!!!

Lookin forward to the next ride when you don't have to play 'band leader' for the group, I missed some of the alphabet roads there in Sconnie....

BigR

Lookin forward to the next ride when you don't have to play 'band leader' for the group, I missed some of the alphabet roads there in Sconnie....BigR
Me too...call me anytime, I can usually get away on short notice. ;)