reliability bragging rights take a hit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite some time ago a Forumite that was having starting issues went to diAG and actuated the ignition coils. He reports hearing a pop from a/the cylinder(s) and after that it started right up. AFAIK, this hasn't been tried again or at least the results not detailed here. My guess is that tactic being successful approaches 0%, but it is free to try. Cranking with a wide open throttle moves air through the cylinders which evaporates the excess gas.

My bike had one instance of the flooded like issue, diAG (without the coil actuation) showed all the sensors were reading correctly. A few cranks at WOT and it started right up.

As Fred says, the FJR ECU is not adaptive, all our FJRs remember is odometer readings and fault codes, the clock continues to run even when not displayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Feelings may be hurt, but it won't remember.

I try to keep Fords as far away from Silver as possible.

Truck is repaired (13 minutes) with new alternator and belt.

Silver's rep took the hit, my reliability rep went up as, even with 2 conveyances down and able to take a day off I still was at work, getting my MTV wreckers ready for classes. Having had to borrow transport. (02 Connies are SO much slower!)

Now you know...make sure battery is well charged, and hold that throttle WFO while thumbing the starter until that flooded bike starts up.

The FJR members before you have paved the way to your solution.