"Ride On" Tire Protection System

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpalamaro

Reaction score
I purchased the "Ride-On" tire protection kit but have been leery of filling my tires with anything other than nitrogen or air. So, if you have used the system, some questions:

1. When new tires are put on must wheels/rims be cleaned with some sort of solvent. The mfg says no but am looking ofr real world.

2. Have you experienced any problems with the process?

3. If you got a new bike would you use the system again.

Thanks in advance for those using the system.

Ensure you tell your tire mechanic that you have slimed the inside of the tire *before* he tries to change it.

If he has to learn about it on the tire machine, he will not be happy whatsoever. BTDT, hate this crap with a passion.

Holy crap... look at all the instances of "This post is missing and can not be restored"... :eek:

The EZBoard hack last summer sure lost a lot of historical data.... but then, one of the more irritating aspects about EZBoard was that you could only keep a lousy 20 pages of history in any one forum anyway, so....

Holy crap... look at all the instances of "This post is missing and can not be restored"... :eek:
Yeah, no kiddin. What a bummer. There was some interesting back and forth going on after my initial post, especially when the Ride-On employee came onboard to defend his product.

Dang EZBoard. I would hate to lose the good info contained in some of those old posts. I wonder if I should duplicate some of them here? Whatcha think?

I've used the Ride-on tire sealant, and will never use it again. I had to have the front wheel replaced under warranty. I doubt if I had more than 8K on the sealant. It was no longer a liquid. It had solidified and had turned "chunky". I had told the mechanic prior to the event, but he was none too happy. We completely cleaned out the sealant and had a heck of a time cleaning it off the wheel. I've not used a sealant since, and that was near 16K ago. Plus, since switching to Avon's, I've had NO trouble with the tires loosing a little air over time. Good luck.

Mike