RIP Beemerdons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the wonderful comments of the video! And for those that could not attend as Charlene (of weluvbiken Phil & Charlene) said on FB "it truly felt like we were there"

This video encompasses our 3 day trip, with hikes near pleasant lake & Sedona & the very nice wake. It was really great to see a lot of our friends!

When I got on the plane to come home from the service my heart was suddenly heavy again.

It struck me that this is definitely the end of an era; it's over, he is gone. Sometimes in life, that can be a good thing, and sometimes bad.

Don being gone is a change, NOT for the better.

Not on this forum, or all the others he was a part of, not for the people that loved him, not for his friends.

Don was certainly one of a kind, on every level.

I will miss his outlook on life, his encouragement, his knowledge and advice.

It's a void I can't imagine any one person being able to fill

.....(insert NSFW expletive here)

Mark,

Thanks for such a great video. You captured the service and wake perfectly.

Barb, I felt the same thing as I checked out of the hotel. I will treasure my bell and ride with Don every time I sling a leg over my bike

I found a place for my bell before I even left cemetery...I think Tyler took a picture of it as I was leaving the wake.

It still doesn't feel real that Don is gone. When you have a personality that is so much larger than life, the sudden absence is like a black hole.

I was looking for something green to put this on and finally settled on my tractor.... Now when I am out preparing my garden next year and planting potatoes I will think of the Fecking Irishman!
Just be sure to drink a Jameson s after finishing the lawn, and hide a few boogers on the tractor.

Didn't take a lot of photos and hard to beat Mark's video but here are a few from me...

We gathered on a sunny day to remember our friend, Don Stanley... while there was sadness for the reason we were there, we were also gifted with the silver lining of seeing beloved friends and making some new ones to boot...
IMG_4667-XL.jpg

IMG_4669-XL.jpg

IMG_4665-XL.jpg

IMG_4677-XL.jpg

IMG_4676-XL.jpg

There were several memorials set up around the rooms... "Daddy and Me" started the tears for me...
IMG_4670-XL.jpg

I remember everyone getting together at Cedar City to sign this beautiful painting for Don since he couldn't make it...
IMG_4671-XL.jpg

The Three Amigos... you can dress 'em up but you can't take 'em out... well, you can but you just never know what you'll get...
IMG_4674-XL.jpg

Brian Boles was one of the brave ones who got up to speak... Don's son, Seth, was also very brave and spoke to us as well... was really proud of him... I thought about saying something but knew the moment I tried to say anything, I'd lose it...
IMG_4675-XL.jpg

At one point in the service, they played some music while a slideshow of images from many friends played... this photo came up and had everyone laughing out loud... couldn't help it!
037-XL.jpg

After the memorial, we moved outside for the graveside service which was very moving with the honor guard playing taps...
IMG_4679-XL.jpg

IMG_4683-XL.jpg

IMG_4684-XL.jpg

We then headed back to Brian Boles' house for the wake... there was a ton of food and many tall tales were shared...
IMG_4686-XL.jpg

IMG_4687-XL.jpg

IMG_4688-XL.jpg

IMG_4690-XL.jpg

Desert landscape is very different for lots of folks...
IMG_4720-XL.jpg

The kitchen ended up being the socializing room for the most part and there were lots of smiles, hugs, and bittersweet moments...
IMG_4704-XL.jpg

IMG_4711-XL.jpg

Don's sister, Marsha, and her partner, Mary...
IMG_4692-XL.jpg

Dcarver and Marsha share some memories...
IMG_4709-XL.jpg

Lots of this flowing in honor of our Irish friend... perhaps a little too much for a few... ;)
IMG_4691-XL.jpg

Got to meet a new friend, Brian/AVGeek, who joined us for the festivities...
IMG_4698-XL.jpg

Don gave him the one-finger salute... or maybe it was just for me...
IMG_4696-XL.jpg

At the memorial as we filed out, there was a basket with gremlin bells for riders to take with them as a memento of Don so he could ride with them forever... Brian didn't waste any time and had his attached within a few minutes of receiving it...
IMG_4699-XL.jpg

The sun started to set and cast a beautiful glow over the room...
IMG_4712-XL.jpg

And the people in it...
IMG_4710-XL.jpg

And we were treated to a spectacular desert sunset that I'm pretty sure Don orchestrated for us...
IMG_4715-XL.jpg

IMG_4718-XL.jpg

0116161756a-XL.jpg

0116161756-XL.jpg

And Melanie, Brian Boles' wife, found this letter and read it to the last of us who closed the place down...
0116161849~2-XL.jpg

It was a fitting tribute to a friend who has left a hole in our lives but but has taken up a big part of our hearts and will continue to live on there... and he continues to create friendships between the people who loved him so his legacy lives on.

Vaya con Dios, my friend... I know you're ripping it up somewhere, pain free... :wub:

I particularly liked when Brian Boles spoke of when he first rode with BeemerDons. He said " Who put this A--hole in charge" and it really hit it out of the park. Gonna miss the old Mick.

I particularly liked when Brian Boles spoke of when he first rode with BeemerDons. He said " Who put this A--hole in charge" and it really hit it out of the park. Gonna miss the old Mick.
A cool & funny moment in the service, was when the eulogygizer said "Don was a member of the Azbemmers & Fjrforum clubs any other clubs he was in? After a pause someone shouted out. LOS ROBOSTOS! Everyone cracked up!

A cool & funny moment in the service, was when the eulogygizer said "Don was a member of the Azbemmers & Fjrforum clubs any other clubs he was in? After a pause someone shouted out. LOS ROBOSTOS! Everyone cracked up!
That was Johnny80, or John Max. Sitting right behind me, I about jumped outa the seat.

As an official founding member of Los Rosbustos...this brings a tear to my eye, and a Jameson's to tribute.

Did an online search for Lost Rosbustos, and turned up this. Not so much to do with Don, but he inspired it nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.