RIP Beemerdons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It dawned on me the opening pic in the A farewell to Don video pic has 4 beings involved, Greg (good2go) the photographer, Don, Me & Duke. And only I am left. Gives it extra special meaning.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="marcusorelius" data-cid="1284880" data-time="1453659159"><p>

It dawned on me the opening pic in the A farewell to Don video pic has 4 beings involved, Greg (good2go) the photographer, Don, Me & Duke. And only I am left. Gives it extra special meaning.</p></blockquote>

Very moving description. Thanks for sharing.

Just noticed this, very sad. Met Don last year for the first time but read his posts for years.Talked to him about a Europe bike trip. RIP

12670108_10153934093654628_2703876631934093044_n.jpg

There was a time I was able to drink with Don, rather than to him. I greatly miss those days, but the fond memory is safely tucked away.

Photo credit Tyler Risk, when Tom was in CA.

542161_10150813477290325_1796444090_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck... just... FUCK!!!

Haven't been on here in few months. Shocked doesn't begin to describe what I'm feeling right now...

RIP you ugly mick...

cry.gif

Griff

Haven't been on the forum in a while either and probably wouldn't have been for a while yet either if not for a text from Canucklehead (life is very busy at the moment.)

Couldn't believe what I heard. I had the privilege of spending a couple hours with Don at the Arizona Beemers Group Christmas Dinner in Early December on my first trip to Arizona. Loved it there and was already making plans to go down and do some riding (or roadster'n if his recovery from the accident didn't go as planned) with him real soon. He was definitely one of the nicest guys if meet through the forum, which is saying a lot because everyone I've met from the forum is awesome. Wish I had heard sooner as I definitely would have made the trip down for his send off. We will undoubtedly be raising a glass to Don at CFR this summer.

He will be dearly missed. JSNS

I was just talking with Doug/bugnatr and we came up with an idea to make a laminated photo of Don that can be sent around to the different gatherings that he was planning on attending next year so he could be with us in some fashion. The Death Valley trip in February will be his first journey.
Great idea. I was already contemplating on creating a 'place' for him at CFR this summer. I'll be discussing it with my fellow Canucks.

I'd be honoured to provide a ride with me to CFR (if arrangements haven't been made to get him there yet.)

I was just talking with Doug/bugnatr and we came up with an idea to make a laminated photo of Don that can be sent around to the different gatherings that he was planning on attending next year so he could be with us in some fashion. The Death Valley trip in February will be his first journey.
Great idea. I was already contemplating on creating a 'place' for him at CFR this summer. I'll be discussing it with my fellow Canucks.

I'd be honoured to provide a ride with me to CFR (if arrangements haven't been made to get him there yet.)
Tyler was taking pictures with the laminated photo in Death Valley last weekend and I'm sure she will post them up when she gets over the flu bug that visited some of us after the gathering.

We all miss that guy, last weekend reminded me of Don and Seth hanging with us during FODS V at the same hotel.

Oh my..I haven't been on the Forum for ages and it's shocking to see the too numerous losses of Forum members. I rode with Beemerdons while in AZ one winter and he was at our Canadian Rally a few years ago. Condolences to his family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.