RTE Central Florida for June

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pulled into my favorite restaurant in Orlando. It was a balmy 95 all the way up I 95 then I headed inland towards Orlando and in seconds the blast furnace kicked in and the temp gauge hit 105. Damn near passed out. Oh! And the bonus?! The last 15 miles to the restaurant was grandma walking speed!! :yes:

Ouch Vic, you might want to bring some ice water with you. Also, I'm wearing my Heat-Out shirt, and probably soak in water for the ride back. It's 'Africa hot' out right now, so my fellow riders please stay hydrated, as heat stroke is real this time of year.

It was a 175 mile ride and I stopped 3 times to suck down a liter of water. Oh! And I forgot to mention that at the exit from the turnpike that I always switch over to I95, it was a dead stop for an hour 4 miles from the exit. A raggedy old horse trailer full of 2 horses and a bunch of goats blew a few tires and flipped the hell over. There were bleeding hurt horses and goats running in and out of 4 miles of stopped vehicles. That's when I really almost passed out. It was a interesting ride to say the least. :no:

I just got home; great RTE get together!

A few pics:

IMG_20160709_132231524_zpsc7ycu563.jpg

IMG_20160709_132249268_zpsy5hepcg4.jpg

IMG_20160709_133259272_zpsgd6kelwm.jpg

Got home about 5:15, so Riana was a little late getting to work at 5:30. She was a happy young lady though.

Hot?!? The Devil himself was breathing on us today, especially on A1A!

It was worth it though, and it was a pleasure meeting Ken and Tim, though I was at the table with the troublemakers. :rolleyes:

First thing we did when we got home was jump in the pool! Well...almost...I got a cold beer first, then jumped in. :rockwoot:

It was worth it though, and it was a pleasure meeting Ken and Tim, though I was at the table with the troublemakers. :rolleyes:

First thing we did when we got home was jump in the pool! Well...almost...I got a cold beer first, then jumped in. :rockwoot:

That goes for me too. Good to see Dan, Jim, Vic and Tony also.

Damn Vic, you had me worried coming in late like that!

That was a ways to travel in the heat for some fish tacos; but at least I picked a place with no air conditioning!

I got home a little bit before a heavy storm cell hit the homestead. Lost power and my AC quit working, but all is good now after a call to the local AC man. He didn't even do a call, just told me what to do over the phone, so it's nice and cool again, and more important, wifey is nice and cool again!

OK, whose turn is it to pick the next RTE spot?

You ARE nuts, Ken. 510 miles in a blast furnace for some fish tacos is crazy. But!! It was definitely worth it. :yes:

Steve, my Tom Tom went Haywire on me and it was sending me everywhere except where I wanted to go. Thank God I left 45 minutes early. Otherwise I'd have gotten there when you Guys were paying the checks. :no:

That was a ways to travel in the heat for some fish tacos; but at least I picked a place with no air conditioning!
I got home a little bit before a heavy storm cell hit the homestead. Lost power and my AC quit working, but all is good now after a call to the local AC man. He didn't even do a call, just told me what to do over the phone, so it's nice and cool again, and more important, wifey is nice and cool again!

Well, if it's a voluntary thing, may I suggest Lightsey Fish Co & Seafood on the northern coast of lake Okeechobee. It's a Sunday brunch $20 all you can eat buffet. It's freakin amazing. They have everything. Pick a day and I'll give them a call. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
You ARE nuts, Ken. 510 miles in a blast furnace for some fish tacos is crazy. But!! It was definitely worth it.
yes.gif

Steve, my Tom Tom went Haywire on me and it was sending me everywhere except where I wanted to go. Thank God I left 45 minutes early. Otherwise I'd have gotten there when you Guys were paying the checks.
no.gif
Vic.

You would have had a surprise when you parked, went inside only to find the waitress saying "Oh, you are the rich guy on the AE that is covering the group bill"
not_i.gif

Well, if it's a voluntary thing, may I suggest Lightsey Fish Co & Seafood on the northern coast of lake Okeechobee. It's a Sunday brunch $20 all you can eat buffet. It's freakin amazing. They have everything. Pick a day and I'll give them a call.
yes.gif
That is a good place Vic. Guy Harvey is going to redevelop that property. So Lightseys will have to move at some point. I don't think anything is suppose to happen in the next few months.

Latest posts