RTE - Sebring Fl area - Sometimes in April

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like I will be on the '05 riding solo. Wife

and I are doing Cedar Key this coming weekend, so asking her for 2 riding weekends in a row may be asking too much. All is good though...

See you all there!

101st gave me the heads up on this. I'll try and be there & have the kitchen pass tentatively reserved!

This is shaping up nice.

There is a nice little route off Highway 66. That's just south of the restaurant. Couple little side

roads. The loop takes about an hour. We should ride it either before or after lunch. Best curvy roads I

have found south of Orlando.

Also anyone coming from the South East. We can ride together on Saturday morning if you are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dan, Rob, Tony, Hurc,
Could prob make either of those dates.

Have enjoyed past meets and rides too. I'd like to tag along, weather and schedule permitting. I'll look in and keep you updated.

Steve
sounds good to me.. I can probably make the 9th work.. 10th is the wifeys birthday.. and you don't get brownie points by going riding alone on her birthday, lol Would love to do a ride on the 9th though ;-)

Got up this morning for work, and checked the weather forecast. Looks like a BEAUTIFUL day Saturday! 58 for low and 71 for high. Front pushes through Thursday, so wind Saturday should be minimal. You hear this Steve? :yahoo:

All over it!

Prepping the bikes this week.

Oil changes, spark plugs, AIS removal, oh my!

We'll probably head down to Lake Worth afterward to meet some friends and spend the night.

I asked my manager at work if he'd like to join us, and he said "Sure!". So there will be a Yami S10 there too.

Hey Rob,

Liking the forecast for the day, looks to be quite a group! We three (four?) gonna meet up and ride down together again?

Steve

Damn, Tony. You're talking me into trying the bisque. There's a place on top of the lake called Lightsey Fish Co & Seafood in Okeechobee. They have a $20 Sunday brunch that's to die for. They have everything and it's all you can eat. They have a lobster bisque that makes me wet my shorts every time. We might wanna do a RTE there one time. Just Sayin' :)

Since I started this thread my wife informed me I am now responsible for restaurant reservations and

things like that. She rides with a group that plans every little detail for weeks in advance. I told

her this is an FJR group. We improvise.

Anyway, it does seem to have taken off. Looks like we are going to be around 12-14. That's a pretty

big group just to drop in. So maybe reservations are in order? The restaurant has a very nice

outdoor area with some large tables. Generally it's not too busy for lunch. I was thinking a couple

tables side by side might be nice if they can do that for us. One long table and you aren't going to be able to visit with the people on the other end anyway. Last time we went there were plenty of open

tables.

So thoughts - Make reservations?

Outside? (It's a nice tiki bar kind of area.)

Try to get one table or two?

Just bumble through it like men in a group normally do?

Also, I live right off SR80 close to Lake Okeechobee. So if any of you guys from the South or South

East want to meet up early I can put us together a nice route. I know some decent roads that might not be that well known. From Belle Glade to the restaurant in about 1.5 hours. The scenic route would make it about 2.0 hours. The Deluxe Scenic Route would be about 2.5.

Calling them might be smart. Outside works for me. :)

Edit: My Saturday mornings are iffy at the airport so, I'll meet you guys there.

Dang it... just saw this and I have my 'rents coming down from The Villages this weekend or I would still be up for it. Keep me in mind for the next one please!!

I was there Sunday 6ish and they were packed outside with a live band. Inside was fine... I asked them about the "Crowd" and they said from bike week on it was busy. It is a huge place inside, but calling ahead for outside may be the way to go.

Latest posts