• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russell Day Long Group Buy - Fall 2010

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of this afternoon, this Russell Group Buy has officially come to a close.

The good news is that everyone who contacted me to get in on this will be able to get a Russell seat made for 20% off. Our list reached over 170 people, and with some help from Heather at Russell and the other group buy coordinators we were able to get everyone a spot.

Thank you to everyone who participated to make this group buy such a success.

Enjoy your seats!

-Paul

As of this afternoon, this Russell Group Buy has officially come to a close.
The good news is that everyone who contacted me to get in on this will be able to get a Russell seat made for 20% off. Our list reached over 170 people, and with some help from Heather at Russell and the other group buy coordinators we were able to get everyone a spot.

Enjoy your seats!

-Paul
Thanks to you for herding the cats and getting this together!

I have not gotten confirmation yet either.
With Friday (10/1) being the first day for group buy orders and Russell not handling orders or communication on the weekend, you probably won't hear from them until midweek at the earliest. It normally takes them a day or two to get confirmations and build dates out when they are not inundated with orders.

congrats, Paul. this may be the largest Russell GB to date.

The good news is that <b><i>everyone</i></b> who contacted me to get in on this will be able to get a Russell seat made for 20% off. Our list reached over 170 people, and with some help from Heather at Russell and the other group buy coordinators we were able to get everyone a spot.

Enjoy your seats!

-Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm, haven't gotten an e-mail yet. Guess I'll have to call Monday.
I hate to relay second hand information, but I heard on ADVrider that Russell had their server go down or something to that effect and had issues with online orders. I would recommend calling to make sure your order was received.

I figure I'll let them "practice" on your seats first and then when they're warmed up, I'll send mine in. :p
Russell was gracious enough to "practice" on my seat so I had it in time to ride on it for the Void 5 Rally this weekend. After 1200 miles in 24hrs and 1000 miles getting to and from the rally, I can confidently say they are "warmed up" and ready for your seat. ;)

I cannot believe what I've been missing all these miles. I actually received my seat weeks ago. Being the diligent person I am I promptly put it on the bike and then let the bike sit for 3 weeks. I finally got to take it for a test ride this past Thursday when I left for Lexington, KY to start the rally. The seat is absolutely fantastic and this was the most comfortable I've ever been on a bike. I hope all of you are as happy with yours as I am with mine.

-Paul

Called today and the server deleted my order, so I faxed it in and got my e-mail this evening with a production date of 10/25 :yahoo:

Here's hoping we're all as happy as you are, Paul. I'm looking forward to it....... BigTallGuy, I had an issue when I submitted that the server took the order and my form wasn't even completed yet. I sent an email, and Heather informed me they are having server issues and wanted me to fax it in.... I had trouble downloading the manual order form, so Heather sent the pdf file to me, which I emailed the completed form back along with my photos...... Basically, I didn't get my order in until Oct. 8, and today I get an email of a production date of 10/27.... I was expecting November something.... I think she is doing her best to keep our spots in line... I was one of the first few on the list submitted. Not that I need it that quick, but it's nice to know.

I got an email from Heather today, build date of the 10/28.

Boy I'm so glad I didn't sell the stock seat when I bought my Rick Mayer. Highly doubtful I'll get the seat back in time to give it a try but you just never know.

Being behind the 8-Ball as usual I just got the order in today. I used the server since it seems to be up and hopefully will be hearing from Russell in a few days. I'm hoping to time this so I can ship the seat from the States during my trip down to Copper Canyon.

Anybody know if we can just ship down the seat pan's themselves, removed of covering and foam? This would save a ton on shipping from Canada. My original seat is like new. I figure somebody might be able to use the cover as a recover.

Anybody know if we can just ship down the seat pan's themselves, removed of covering and foam? This would save a ton on shipping from Canada. My original seat is like new. I figure somebody might be able to use the cover as a recover.
Same Here, I have only used the stock seat about a month and they are like new. I was also thinking about the same possibility. If no response I guess I will call them to find out.

Curious as to what shipping price is right.

Order form states: $40.00

Website states: $50.00

Anyone ship from Zone D and if so how much?

Dave

Curious as to what shipping price is right.

Order form states: $40.00

Website states: $50.00

Anyone ship from Zone D and if so how much?

Dave
I don't remember what zone I was, but the actual shipping I was billed, from Russell to me in central Ohio, was $53.